Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:05 PM EDT
Here's the dilema.  I have 3 Ceiner kits that work great and really don't need another but my buddy would sell me his Kuehl flat top upper complete with 6 skinny BD magazines and it functions flawless for $500-  Is it worth it?  Should I buy this package or just get a Spikes?  Like I said, I have 3 kits that work fine but you can never have enough.  That being said, should I buy the Kuehl upper, order a Spikes and keep one Ciener so I have the trio?

Decisions, decisions.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is worth it. I have a Kuehl M-4 .22 upper and would not sell it for anything. Sell a Ceiner kit and get the Kuehl. You will have a dedicated 22 upper with the correct twist for a 22. Accuracy is great and the Kuehl is a quality product.

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Early Kuehl or late? The difference is whether there's a modified chamber insert on the front of the BCG (late) or not (early). Earlies are held together by an auto trip; and you need to be a little careful taking out the BCG for cleaning.

The late ones are like Spike's or M1S or DPMS, the chamber insert of the original conversion has been modified to fit over the barrel stub, and the works come out without danger of flying parts.

Quality is the same. My early 20" flat top is a joy. 5/8" groups @ 50yd with RWS Target.

let's see, mags: $125-150 new; that leaves $350-375 for the upper. It's a good deal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I paid $619 for my Kuehl M4 upper with one 10 round mag.  This was nearly two years ago.

Worth every penny.  Rick Kuehl has a special touch and he apparently knows how to tune the Ciener unit so it runs with little or no break in.  

Full length Lakeside spring, Ciener 10 rounders and BDM 10 rounders.  Runs like a champ.

I have one Kuehl, one V22, 2 Ciener kits, 2 Colt kits, a DPMS (on loan), 2 261 kits, 2 USAF kits.  

Give you one guess which one gets the most use.

BUY IT!

+1 badazzar15 - "Buy all of them."

YMMV

Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have used some of his barrels and wouldn't hesitate buying one of his uppers.  That sounds like a good price.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top