Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/20/2003 9:21:20 AM EDT
Just purchased a new handle apparently D.P.M.S. and i stuck it in my A2 upper have
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
no suggestions, because your post is a little vague.   Where did you get the charging handle stuck?   Did you drop it in the little key slot and it is stuck in its normal track?  why are you replacing the old one?
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You are aware, there's a small catch which hooks on the left side of the upper receiver that must be disengauged before pulling the handle back, aren't ya?

Part 2 below, "charging handle latch"
[img]http://www.ar15.com/content/parts/chargingHandle.gif[/img]

Never had/or heard of this problem, myself, perhaps as noted above by danoly, ya missed the charging handle channel.....

Mike
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
If it is stuck at a half way point, I would guess you mssed the channel.  Start wiggling, not prying.  Lube it up REAL REAL HEAVY, and start wiggling it.  Turn on the history channel and just sit there for awhile working on it.

Pry it only as a last desperate measure.

If it is all the way forward, pinch the release very hard and pull.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 1:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Whew i got it ..And no im not that stupid to put it it half way or not use the realse lever on it thanks .....
after a good tug and fight i got it and inspection reavealed some type of glue or locktight type stuff on the INSIDE of the upper right under the height adjustment knob {reminder A2} it's black and real tough it only made the fit tight at the last cm. or so ,,,,
how do i remove this black substance  ? It must have been from manufacturing it appears to have slightly dripped out during assembly
this is a new upper that did not come with the bolt carrier or bolt and charging handle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#5]
i would try either chipping it out to see if it flakes or shatters when enough pressure is applied, or using a dremel tool.

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
SpentShellz

Start a new thread about your defective upper, that will get more hits.  I have no idea what could be your mystery substance.  It makes no sense that it could be that sticky, but still not have hardened yet.  I have no ideas on this one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
The price of a charging handle verses an AR and any type of chance of damage or ills ? I would get another C/ handle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top