Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2003 3:09:17 PM EDT
I found a lot of 57 USGI magazines at $6.05 each shipped, It was killing me to not tell you guys but I wanted to make sure I got them before I post about it.

That was so cheap I coulden't believe it, When I get the box and open it I have 57 almost brand new magazines no damage just a little finish wear.

only problem is... 19 of them are marked law enforcement, govt. use, export only and dated after 94

Now I had a pile of felonys sitting on my desk. I had to pull out the old hammer and start pounding.  

Now the 38 I have left wound up costing me $9.07 each shipped......  

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you find this lot?... I want some...[:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
auctionarms

These were all that he had, he actualy put in 1 extra because I got 57 mags. I woulden't buy from this guy again though.

I dont want to see anyone go to jail so I figure i'll just take the goddamn loss, hes just lucky im a nice guy. I emailed him, let him know those mags were illegal and that I crushed them.

Two of the LE mags were COLT, that just broke my heart. I kept the floor plates if you want them for $20.00 each [:D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You at least kept the springs, followers, and floorplates right?
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#4]
yep, I have the springs and floor plates. I have no real use for the stuff, the black followers just get tossed, Dont need more floor plates, and I have never seen a spring wear out.

I'll keep um for replacement parts I guess, unless someone wants to buy the colt floor plates. LOL
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you want for the floor plates?... Make me a deal...[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems to be a seasonal thing.  

Someone I know of bought 7 mags from an Ebay seller (seller had an upper listed, and didn't want to post the mags so as to avoid breaking Ebay rules for >10 rnd mags).

When the mags arrived, 3 were Center 05/99 marked.  Yeah, don't break Ebay rules but....

Gutted, then sledge-o-rama.

What is wrong with some people???
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]
"Post ban" magazine bodies are legal replacement parts, why do you guys flatten them?  Their markings are meaningless.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#8]
If its marked restricted and dated after 94 it is a felony up to ten years in jail and up to $10,000 fine per mag period.

The replacement bag bodies that you can buy dont have any markings on them, but you have to crush a preban mag and KEEP IT to legaly assemble one into a working magazine.... The replacement mag bodies cost $11.00 each when a whole preban GI mag only costs $10 or less anyway.

If I buy it and it dosent have any date or restricted markings, I'll keep it. If its marked Its hammer time.

I only have 2 colt floor plates the other 17 are center industrys. I figure the colt floor plates sky rocket the value of any mag they are on, so if ya want um make me a good offer. I can mail them in an envelope so no shipping charge. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I wouldnt even know what to offer... Tell me what you would like to get out of them and we will go from there... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you check for "cryptic" date codes on each mag? Some mags have date codes indicating post-1994, but do not contain clear law enforcement only markings...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#11]
It's almost a shame you guys don't speak up when you come across postban mags (though I can understand why you wouldnt).

If you guys didnt know, we have a few members who live in another country who would love to have some $6 mags. Just so you know for future reference, there is no need in destroying them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
If you ship them out of the USA they will be checked by customs GUESS WHAT THEY FIND!!!!!!!

19 postban magazines getting shipped by a civilian thats up to 190 years in jail, up to $190,000 in fines, and 19 felonys because it's illegal for you to have them. (the law is per postban larger than 10rd capacity ammunition feeding device)

These have to be shipped directly to a FFL, police station, or out of the united states by the manufacturer, by the FFL, or by a LEO.

I wont take a chance at life in jail to give someone a $4.00 discount on magazines.

Yes, the two colts are clearly marked Restricted law enforcement, government, export use only and have dates after 94. I kept the crushed colt mags, make good paper weights at least.

The 17 center industrys mags had big lettering almost all the way down the side of the mag that said the same thing and were dated post 94. I remember one I saw was even a 02.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes, the two colts were clearly marked Restricted law enforcement, government, export use only. had dates after 94. The 17 center industrys mags had big lettering almost all the way down the side of the mag that said the same thing and were dated post 94. I remember one I saw was even a 02.
View Quote

Be sure to double-check the ones that aren't clearly marked...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I found a lot of 57 USGI magazines at $6.05 each shipped, It was killing me to not tell you guys but I wanted to make sure I got them before I post about it.
19 of them are marked law enforcement, govt. use, export only and dated after 94 [:O]
View Quote

So is it 56 or 57? The auction says 56... not that it matters.

Wining bid $320/(56-19) = $8.65 per mag + shipping. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I checked them a million times while cleaning them, I have one center industrys marked with GPsomeshit and a date 91 under it.

I got 57 auction was for 56 he must have put in an extra one. -19 +$25 ship $9.07 each
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Do any of your unmarked ones have green followers? That's usually an indicator of post-ban unclearly-marked mags for one manufacturer, unless they were swapped out by someone else.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmm.  He apparently hasn't ever sold anything before under that name on aa, and doesn't have anything else listed for sale.  Are you brave enough to leave feedback for him at the auction arms site?[:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont want neg feedback from him and I would rather give him enough time to lose anymore of these mags he may have. Thats better than making a big neon sign to the ATF illegal mags here.

I dident want to post the auction but since someone asked and I dont want to lose credibility...... I remove it now though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#19]
JustLOOking
I need a couple of Colt floorplates and will offer you $5. ea. if they are in good condition, that is, if you still have them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#20]
*sigh*

I would have taken all the LEO mags.....

all I have to do is have them pop riveted to 5 rounds to make the legal here, my gov does not care when they were manufactured, or what the original capacity was....

damn waste
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#21]
One is brand new not a scratch on it, one has small scratches on the edge probably just from taking the floor plate off.

I want more than $5 each for the colt 30rd mag floorplates.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't mean to step on jnewt's toes, I guess he has first dibbs, but what do you want for them?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
It's nice to see there are some people out there doing the right thing and not making all of us look like we're trying to get away with something.  I give my vote to JustLOOking.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Scratched up colt mags are still selling for $40 so I want $20 each for the floor plates or I'll keep um. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Where can you get replacement mag bodies?  I've got several preban 30rd mags that have expanded to the point where they are very hard to insert and remove from my rifle.  I hate to waste the mag because the body is swelled.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Where can you get replacement mag bodies?  I've got several preban 30rd mags that have expanded to the point where they are very hard to insert and remove from my rifle.  I hate to waste the mag because the body is swelled.

Thanks!
View Quote

Check with FALARAK on how to use a vise to adjust the swolen mag body.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#27]
$20. each? Whoa, we are talking about floorplates, right? I can get teflon coated Labelles for that.
I thought you were kidding in your earlier post, but I guess not.
Anyway, I'd be willing to go $10. each, I just can't see any more than that.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#28]
send the post-banners to your worst enemy then call the cops in a few days.......you get rid of the mags and your worst enemy all at the same time[chainsawkill].....Thats the real deal!  

[LOLabove] [LOL]

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#29]
You could have sold the postban mags to the LEOS on the board...heck I would have traded you 2 for 1 prebans for the marked ones if it made you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#30]
JustL00king,

On one had, I totally understand your decision to destroy those mags...On the other, that's what public lands are for...The temporary re-allocation of illegal goods for future use without a trace of who it belongs to.  Can't say I blame you as I have wasted perfectly good Preban goods by neutering them to post ban specs.  (Read Colt uppers to post ban...I'm a sh*T)

If it would help your situation, I could certainly use the 2 Colt floor plates as well as the the springs and FPs out of the Centers.   I'll give $50 for the whole lot.  I hope my offer doesn't offend you...  

I think that's reasonable as you would be helping me and I would be helping you...IM me with your reply.  Will send PMO.  No rush.

My older brother just got back from his MOS School for the Marines and he was wanting some of my mags which have messed up springs.  I have liked the Center mags I have acquired in the past and would trust the springs with my brother's life.  Let me know. (ie, he leaves in two weeks, so if you are in a selling mood we can get a deal going to get your "per mag price" down again [bow])

TIA.

Sly
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I woulden't take that offer, the 19 springs are worth more than that alone.

I could sell the followers, springs, and floor plates on auction for more.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Question/hijack
If I was in Justl00king's shoes, could I have taken these "evil" mags to a police station, explaind my situation and just given them the mags? I would hope they would be greatfull and not serve me with a search warrent to find out who sold them. What about giving them to a friend who's in law enforcment?

Would I be dumb to do this? I just think that may be one day the swat team may put my mags to good use.

Just a thought. Wacha guys think?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#33]
people turn them in all the time. if you want to CYA, then hand them over to an FFL and let them take care of it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#34]
How about crushing them and NOT giving free mags to LEO's. You sure as hell wont get free mags from me when your the jagoff who would arrest me if I kept them.

If any of you were in my shoes I hope you would do the same thing.

Choose between GIVING them away, crushing them, or going to jail... I will have a pile of scrap aluminum everytime. If I cant have them and I payed for um, Then nobody will.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:59:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#36]
From reading your post at the EE board I could see you smashing Mags, or blowing smoke up the members asses.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#37]
[lolabove]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top