Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 9:31:12 PM EST
I've used everything and i mean everything that we talk about on this forum to find what i need in a do all optic for run and guns,with the 1X dot proving to be the best for short range and variables for long range,but even with the 1-4X format which should be the best of both worlds, its not because at 1X you still need to maintain a stricter cheek weld and eye relief then with a 1X dot.Its close but not quite as fast as 1X dot.This year i've been running a TA31 which has been good to me ,plus the retical is my personal favorite for i like seeing the target through the donut instead of covering it with cross hairs,triangle, or dot ,but there have been times on hoser stages when bac was not all that as compared to a 1X dot .Most any other time however i would say once you go bac you never go back.Mounting a dot on my acog i hope will let me keep my faorite retical and give me that badly needed 1X dot when needed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:30:58 AM EST
Any Idea how to mount one on a TA 31? I want to do this as well.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:54:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/23/2004 4:26:23 AM EST by Va_Dinger]
As a new TA31 owner myself I can sympathize with the learning curve it takes to use the TA31 at CQB ranges. I think it’s just a matter of time and practice. How much range time do you have with the TA31? Have you spent much time running practice drills? I will admit to not being overly impressed with the TA31 at first. It seemed perfect out past 20-25 yards, but a hindrance a closer ranges. Now, I'm not so sure. I see to be getting the hang of it and my speed at acquiring targets at CQB ranges is getting faster and faster. Do I think the TA31 will ever be "Better" than an Aimpoint or Eotech at CQB ranges? No, but I do think its a great compromise for a rifle intended for 0-300 yards.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:47:26 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:03:15 AM EST
I don't know if your type of competition requires rapid changes in range but if much of it it up close, one way to make it faster is to cover the objective lens and then shoot with both eyes open. Many people don't think that it will work but give it a try. I'm not a big fan of the TA31 for close range but it sure works well for longer ranges.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:38:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By C4iGrant:
There is only one way to attach a JPoint to an ACOG. It is with a JP Enterprises mount. It is a two piece mount that goes around the eye piece of the ACOG. It screws down with two HEX screws and is well made. I currently have these mounts and JPoint's in stock....

C4

www.gandrtactical.com

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Trijicon%20TA01%20and%20JPoint.jpg
www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Trijicon%20TA01%20and%20JPoint2.jpg

I looked for them on your site, but couldn't find them. How much for each one? Also, I assume that mount will work on a TA01 (non-NSN)?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:43:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:23:26 AM EST
Thanks Grant. Does that price include the Jpoint as well? It says "Jpoint mount for $260", but JP sells them direct for $60.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:59:14 AM EST
Top Top