Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/13/2003 6:25:19 AM EDT
I know I got the cheapest one possible "G2 NITROLON" but at least I got my feet wet now. I got an OD colored one for my M-4 project, & I plan on putting it on the front sight mount when I have the GG&G installed fold down front sight put on. I hope to have it boxed & shipped by tomorrow for that phase. I bought it at the Houston gun show yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
G2's are great lights for the money.

I have heard they work very well as AR15 weaponlights.

IMHO, if you don't have a currently light on your rifle, and you can't afford an M9XX series, you [i]should[/i] have a G2 mounted.  At least until you can afford a dedicated weaponlight.

I figure with a Fobus mount and short bolt-on rail you can have a light setup for less than $75.

Of course a $300 SureFire and $350 RASII/SIR are going to be a better setup.  But not everyone has that cash to lay into a setup like that.

The G2 is a decent little light.  It's as good on a rifle as it is in your pocket.

In short, I agree with you that this light rocks!

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I think ERVERYONE, gun-person, or not should have a G2.  For the money, they are great!!

I am actually thinking about buying everyone a G2 for Christmas this year.  Talk about easy shopping!!

Monty
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine from Delta Press at the gun show for $30 even. I would guess if you bought 10 or more for present you could probably find a store that would cut you a special price. I thought $ was a good price as they were the cheepist I found at the gun show. Hard to believe as they are so over priced on all their other products in the catalog.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:49:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top