Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2013 6:12:35 PM EDT
But I'm just happy to finally have found some magazines and felt like sharing.  Replacing my Vietnam collection with this panic frenzy going on has been exhausting.  I've been making do with modern 20 round magazines for the short term but since the small details are so important in our hobby something as large as  the modern magazines was grating on me.

Fifteen are Adventure Lines, and six are Colts.  

One floor plate I assume is commercial. First time seeing this stamping for me. Does have an allow follower and a universal industries stamped body.

Found these on eBay of all places while looking for M1956 web gear.  Hence the heads up. This eBay member infantry116ptsd fits right in with our hobby and has a lot of Vietnam stuff for sale and was great to work with.

The A1s were both purchased/built during this panic. The Brownell's mag in the 603 really looks out of place.  Sooner or later I'll take better pictures.

The slick side upper is getting pulled and replaced with a square forged 603 upper I got off the EE (Thanks southern6shooter)
The other upper is a NDS with a C MP C barrel that I'm either going to throw on a GM upper I just picked up from MrM1A1, or more likely a round forged Colt 603 upper when I run across another.   Of course I just sold two in the last month or two, so about the time you decide you don't need them you end up having to buy it again. Mark my words, I am not selling another piece of retro. (Unless it's to fund another piece of retro, of course.)  Friggin' RBRD.

Update 1  :  New one in today. From the same gentleman I linked to above. M1951 Combination intrenching tool, M1956 cover, BOC M7 bayonet,  and M8A1 scabbard.  I gifted my last bayonet to a member on the board. I have more packages coming in from multiple places and if all goes well I should have a complete set of M1956 web gear waiting for me to return from turkey hunting.

Link Posted: 3/13/2013 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice collection of 20-round mags, the mag the AR15 was designed for. (The 25-round design doesn't count.)

I finally have enough 20-rounders to fill up my BAR mag belt. 'Course they have to stay at my parents' home in AZ.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 3:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch. I feel for you. We may all end up under those laws sooner or later

Btw, your GI Springfield clone build was the cause of me building my own.
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Nice collection of 20-round mags, the mag the AR15 was designed for. (The 25-round design doesn't count.)

I finally have enough 20-rounders to fill up my BAR mag belt. 'Course they have to stay at my parents' home in AZ.

I agree - nice collection and good looking builds.

Even though I call CA home, I was able to grandfather my standard (20 and 30's) cap magazines in 2000. Nice thing about being "older" Granted I can not use them in my newer retro builds, but I do have a couple of AW registered lowers I bring out when I have the urge to mag dump.

Link Posted: 3/14/2013 5:49:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Prefer the 20 rounder over 30 rounder any day
Link Posted: 3/14/2013 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ouch. I feel for you. We may all end up under those laws sooner or later

Btw, your GI Springfield clone build was the cause of me building my own.

Heh, I thought that 1911 looked familiar.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Helmet cover came in. Very clean. Temporarily threw the new stuff on a M1936 pistol belt.
Won a nice lot of M1956 gear with a pistol belt, e-tool cover, compass pouch, two ammo pouches, long suspenders, field/butt pack, and unopened field dressing for $61 (plus s&h) from this auction.  Should make for a good early rig.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
NIce builds and nice magazine collection.

I really prefer 20s in my ARs and 15s in my Carbines  for shooting.

In my M4gery (featureless) patrol carbine, though,  I carry at work, I keep 30s with it for firepower.  Backup is a LONG way away up in the mountains.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/839/a1belt2.jpg

Helmet cover came in. Very clean. Temporarily threw the new stuff on a M1936 pistol belt.
Won a nice lot of M1956 gear with a pistol belt, e-tool cover, compass pouch, two ammo pouches, long suspenders, field/butt pack, and unopened field dressing for $61 (plus s&h) from this auction.  Should make for a good early rig.

Looks good. Is the cover tight or twill weave? I love twill weave Mitchel pattern covers.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NIce builds and nice magazine collection.

I really prefer 20s in my ARs and 15s in my Carbines  for shooting.

In my M4gery (featureless) patrol carbine, though,  I carry at work, I keep 30s with it for firepower.  Backup is a LONG way away up in the mountains.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg134/imarangemaster/Stag-1_zps26eacbd4.jpg

Thanks, and beautiful rifles. Love the XM16E1 and Inland carbine. I used to collect M1 Carbines but sold the entire collection off save for an early spring tube WRA that I bought back. They sure are a joy to shoot aren't they?

Quoted:
Quoted:
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/839/a1belt2.jpg

Looks good. Is the cover tight or twill weave? I love twill weave Mitchel pattern covers.

It's twill. Late cover, but it was in immaculate condition.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top