Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:29:37 AM EDT
Looks like I'm all out of bubblegum.he
I see on the same website that a nearly identical Bushmaster A2 type is $748.

These are typical prices for these guns.

This means that the Colt costs 24% more than the Bushmaster.

So when I buy a Colt, I guess I should expect it to have 24% better fit & finish, 24% better accuracy, 24% better barrel life, etc.

If this isn't so, then I guess your're paying 24% extra for the name stamped on the side.

Another way of looking at it is, you can pay the same price for either a) the Colt alone, or b) the Bushmaster with a $180 aftermarket trigger installed.

If the above does not make sense, tell me how.

I'm not anti-Colt, I considered buying one.

However, I got my A3 Bushmaster from aim surplus for $735 including the carry handle and that was like 33% less than the similar Colt model.  

Although the difference is just a couple hundered bucks, not a HUGE sum of money, I just could not find any justification for spending it on the Colt.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Looks like I'm all out of bubblegum.

I see on the www.impactguns.com website that the usual post ban A2 type Colt AR15 is $928 on sale.

I see on the same website that a nearly identical Bushmaster A2 type is $748.

These are typical prices for these guns.

This means that the Colt costs 24% more than the Bushmaster.

So when I buy a Colt, I guess I should expect it to have 24% better fit & finish, 24% better accuracy, 24% better barrel life, etc.

If this isn't so, then I guess your're paying 24% extra for the name stamped on the side.

Another way of looking at it is, you can pay the same price for either a) the Colt alone, or b) the Bushmaster with a $180 aftermarket trigger installed.

If the above does not make sense, tell me how.

I'm not anti-Colt, I considered buying one.

However, I got my A3 Bushmaster from aim surplus for $735 including the carry handle and that was like 33% less than the similar Colt model.  

Although the difference is just a couple hundered bucks, not a HUGE sum of money, I just could not find any justification for spending it on the Colt. There are actually more reasons to NOT buy colt than jus money, My buddy jus recieved a LEO marked stripped lower, he went to put traditional AR parts (in the lower no specific companies parts) and what do you know, the pins and holes are not the same size as bushmaster, RRA, etc. This is one more aspect of colt tryin to be different. COlts? screw them, they can keep them.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

G. Damn it, thats funny!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#4]
...And let's not forget that colt has recently forbidden it's dealers from selling LEO marked guns to civilians, anyway...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#5]
For those that truly care to do the research...

Pro's opinions of Colt

Tweak's Colt thread
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:20:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#7]
duplicate thread
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top