AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 3:25:49 PM EDT
I-SHOT 36" case

anyone have one of these

I have an I-shot range bag and love it, just checking about the rifle case
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
nice cases but I was disappointed to see they are made in china (or vietnam)
especially considering the price.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wherever it was made, it's a great case. You wouldn't be disappointed. It gets a liittle expensive buying molle compatible mag pouches and such to strap inside. But once done it's a strong, versital set up
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Well its on the way

I'll get some pics on when I get the chance.

if its as ggod as the reviews say then I'm good to go

also if i like it as well as my I-shot range bag then 165.00 is no issue

we'll see...........
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya know, as much as I hate to put money into communist coffers, there are just too many people raving about this case.  I can get cheaper stuff made in America, but they don't offer the features that the TCC does.

And, Helmie is a great guy.

I'm thinking one of these is in my near future.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
got one - i like it. review here:
www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.misc.html#sert
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
cheers,
MM

Wow, nice review & great pics, love your site!

Here's mine, 36" & 42"

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
cheers,
MM

Just wanted to say thanks for your reviews, and website  Always good to see you posting here!

I have two other I-shot products and am very happy with them!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
well its here and its everything I had hoped it would be

I love my I-SHOT Range bag and the SERT carbine bag is as good or better

I went with a 36" Black model

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I just got mine last week and loe it. i have my AR-15, remington 870, and my glock in it. it was a bit hight priced, but was well worth it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]

bought a molle pistol rig so i can throw my xd in with my ar fora quick range trip

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys, I really appreciate the support. Many thanks and I hope you enjoy your new cases for a long time to come

Take care.

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P.)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just got mine last week and loe it. i have my AR-15, remington 870, and my glock in it. it was a bit hight priced, but was well worth it.

what size did you get?  I guess you put the AR in the smaller, second pocket?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Bill, actually both the 870 and the M4 fits in the main compartment, butt to muzzle (without the mag, of course), of the 42" case.

I have the same set-up for 3-gun. I know a guy who's got two M4s in the main compartment and a Beretta Storm in the outside pocket.

Helmie
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a sniper friend in England. He told me that if they boycotted everything that was made in a country they had gone to war with ... they could never buy anything from anyone.

Look at your wrist watch ... where is it made? How about your TV? ...

I am union (IBEW) born and raised but it is about more than just having a Chevy sitting in the driveway.

That said ... Helmie's stuff just plain rocks.

See ya at SHOT Helmie.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That said ... Helmie's stuff just plain rocks.

See ya at SHOT Helmie.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org

Hey, bro. Always good to hear from you. Looking forward to SHOT. I'm in booth # 249 (LE). I'll look for you.

Helmie
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bill, actually both the 870 and the M4 fits in the main compartment, butt to muzzle (without the mag, of course), of the 42" case.

I have the same set-up for 3-gun. I know a guy who's got two M4s in the main compartment and a Beretta Storm in the outside pocket.

Helmie

I didn't think about that.  I've been looking for a case that would hold an M4, an 870 and a Glock all together.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Brianksain,
First, let me say this is a bit off-topic, but let me say...

I know that a lot of what we buy/wear/use comes from other countries (and some of them we would rather not support).  However, I know that I try to always buy the American alternative if there is one.  When I go to the hardware store, I do look for tools that say "made in America" and do spend extra money for them.  As an LEO, I buy a lot of tactical gear and use it.  When I buy it, I generally try to buy from companies that do their production here.  Case in point, Magnum started doing some of their production here.  That means that I am more opt to buy their gear than some of the other competitors they have.

Why do I do this?  Mostly because I want to help ensure that we have an American industrial capacity in the coming years.  I don't agree with what most unions are doing--look at what is happening in the auto and airline industries and you will see a prime example of what happens when unions run amok.  However, I do believe that people need to support our homegrown industries or there will be none in the future (and their high-paying jobs will also be gone).  Sometimes that does mean getting products that aren't quite what we want.  However, when it comes to gear, it easy to get what you want.  I know from firsthand experience that Eagle will customize gear if you are willing to wait for it and pay them for the work.

I would challenge Mr. Ashiblie to make production in the CONUS work and make his products even more appealing to those that use them.  It might cut into profit margin, but it does make the product more appealing and supports workers in this country, instead of overseas.

v/r,
JSR
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I would challenge Mr. Ashiblie to make production in the CONUS work and make his products even more appealing to those that use them.  It might cut into profit margin, but it does make the product more appealing and supports workers in this country, instead of overseas.

v/r,
JSR

Hi JSR,

First of, please call me Helmie or Helm. No need for formalities among friends. Next, I understand what you're saying and I do concur with your thoughts. It is a misconception among many that we only produce our products overseas. Most are not aware that we a small production studio locally. In fact, for US govt purchases, everything offered is produced in CONUS. That said, it is because they are willing to pay a higher price and in the case of the TCC, it starts at $275.

That makes our TCC one of the most expensive cases on the market. During an initial test, we found out that not many are willing and able to pay for such a case. Rather than shelf the design, which was  the brainchild of many folks online, we agreed on a foreign made one as long as quality was not compromised.

But one of the most important factors that no one seems to understand is production availability. There is a limited number of production facilities in CONUS and most are almost running at capacity. Not every brand has their own production and you'll be surprised to find out how many of these brands share the same production facility. And this is what happens next.....i-SHOT / S.E.R.T System, being a small company, comes a knocking on the doors of the factory. They take a look at our stuff and ask how many units we want to produce. When they find out that our requirements are not as high as some of the major brands, they tell us to take a number and stand in line. What comes  next is a long waiting game.

Some don't mind having their customers wait but unfortunately, not us. So a very small studio is a start for us and who knows where it might lead. We are showcasing a few stuff at SHOT that are of our own handiwork (incl a new design by MM himself) and I can only hope that the response will be positive.

Anyway, that's a small bit of what goes on and I hope it provides you with a little inside on the trade

Take care and what your six, brother.

Respectfully,

Helmie Ashiblie (V.P./Founder)
i-SHOT Shooting Sports
S.E.R.T System
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Helmie,

I have 2 of the SERT cases, and a range bag manufactured by yall.
All are quality products, and I hope to get many years of use from them.
The fact that you are doing some production here locally is great.
I wish yall all the success and growth you can handle.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Helmie,

Do you have any idea when more of the Velcro straps will be available? I'm in desperate need of 4 more straps for my SERT case.  Thanks and keep up with the quality products
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, DD. I very much appreciate your continued support

Policetacteam, which color case do you have? I'm hoping to get extra straps in but I don't think I'll have 'em for another month or so. Let me know which color it is and I'll try and see if we can scrounge some up for you.

Helmie Ashiblie
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Helmie,

I recently purchased the 36" SERT case in black. Four additional straps would be much appreciated. Just let me know when you have more available and we can arrange for payment. Thanks for the help. Paul
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had my i-Shot 36" case for about a month, and so far I am very happy with my purchase.  The Molle system gives me a lot of flexability when it comes to storing weapons and accessories.  Here are a couple of pics of my current setup.  I'm thinking of ditching one of the three mag pouches so I can add one more large storage pouch.  

Kevin

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Helmie,

I recently purchased the 36" SERT case in black. Four additional straps would be much appreciated. Just let me know when you have more available and we can arrange for payment. Thanks for the help. Paul

double sided velcro (called "get-a-grip" or one wrap") will also work very well - usually available at a fabric or hardware stores.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#25]
i bought a cheap molle pistol holster

to keep a handgun on board.

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I love you guys posting photos of how you configure your i-SHOT cases.

So, here's my final configuration of my 42" case.
I just wish the heck someone would make a Molle style case for a scope & mount like my NSX/LT SPR-E.  The TA31F ACOG is in the nightvision case on the lower left.
This case will probably do double duty with my upcoming SPR, at least untill Helmie makes us one like it (or something similar) in OD!

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quick question:  both Helmie's and Grant's sites show black only for the additional 3-mag pouch; is the mag pouch that's included with the tan cases black or tan?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Quick question:  both Helmie's and Grant's sites show black only for the additional 3-mag pouch; is the mag pouch that's included with the tan cases black or tan?

Black only.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I guess that's why the only pictures on either site of the tan cases are of the outside, the main compartment, or your pics with the green ones that you added, and all of the inside ones are of the black cases...

Tan case with two black pouches is OK with me--I won't be wearing the pouches on a vest or anything.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top