Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:56:56 PM EDT
I have two post-ban AR carbines...no flash suppressors!  Haven't had them too long, but they do pre-date the expiration of the ban!  Anyway, the muzzle flash off the things, viewed through an optic is SIGNIFICANT!!!  I need to retro-fit the little beasties with some sort of flash suppression!  At the same time, the things are dead-nuts accurate & I'm a bit chicken-hearted about stripping the barrels down to nothing so they can be threaded & I guess I'm too cheap to pay the 'smith to do it for me.  Is there any other altermative out there,  I seem to remember a glut of pinned-on muzzle brakes out there.  What about flash suppressors.  Do they work?  Are they worth it?hould
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#1]

How cheap are you?  ADCO can do it pretty cheap, and they are very fast and do great work.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Flash suppressors do work, and work well.  The Phantom I have on mine works almost too well in fact, as I kinda miss the flash.  

silencertests.com/flash.htm  Has some pics of  suppressors is action.

So far I like the phantom, it is pretty light and effective, but there are other good ones out there.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it to Adco, they will do it right, and you don't even have to take the upper apart.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How cheap are you?  ADCO can do it pretty cheap, and they are very fast and do great work.

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Flash suppressors do work, and work well.  The Phantom I have on mine works almost too well in fact, as I kinda miss the flash.  

silencertests.com/flash.htm  Has some pics of  suppressors is action.

So far I like the phantom, it is pretty light and effective, but there are other good ones out there.

What I like about those pics is if you look in the background, you can see that it looks like this guy is shooting in his cubicle at work!  Not a fan of the ski's though, real men ride boards!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
How cheap are you? ADCO can do it pretty cheap, and they are very fast and do great work.
Answer: Not too cheap to take advantage of an opportunity like this!  ADCO, here I come!!!  Thanks everyone for the good info!!!
Old SF MJT
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top