Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:11:03 PM EDT
I was looking at surefire laser modules the other day and on their site it says that IR lasers can only be sold to military and law enforcement. However knowing that they have that policy on their suppressors I was wondering if it was federal law or just company BS.

Also they said directly that by federal law IR lasers could only be sold with momentary on/off switches, is this true?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:54:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was looking at surefire laser modules the other day and on their site it says that IR lasers can only be sold to military and law enforcement. However knowing that they have that policy on their suppressors I was wondering if it was federal law or just company BS.

Also they said directly that by federal law IR lasers could only be sold with momentary on/off switches, is this true?

The FDA requires that IR laser Manufacturers have to sell directly to a LE agency or the Military. Once the IR lasers are in the hands of said groups they can then sell them to any CIVY they want. If you want an IR laser without all the BS, look at this: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=20&t=249338

C4

thanx
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]
There is not now nor has there ever been a company policy prohibiting the sale of suppressors to civilians.

California legal issues regarding transfers of suppressors to civilians of any state have been resolved and suppressors are now available to anyone provided state or local laws do not prohibit it.

Regards,
Alan

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is not now nor has there ever been a company policy prohibiting the sale of suppressors to civilians.

California legal issues regarding transfers of suppressors to civilians of any state have been resolved and suppressors are now available to anyone provided state or local laws do not prohibit it.

Regards,
Alan

cool. thanx.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top