Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:10:57 PM EDT
I bought this dual unit several years ago from SK Industries, and I have been very happy with it.

It is a dual Vis/IR unit with one head Vis and the other IR.  You switch between heads with a switch on the back of the unit, and it is activated with a pressure pad.  I need a mount at the moment, so it has been side-lined for a bit.  

I have never seen these units discussed here, so I thought I would throw mine out there and see if anyone else owned one and what they thought of theirs.

I don't know what their current prices are.  I bought this one about 3 years ago.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0286.jpg
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool unit.
How does it adjust?(elevation&windage)
Does it hold zero?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It is adjusted with allen screws.  Each square, laser head sits on a rubber pad and has an allen screw at each corner.  You adjust it with those screws.

It takes a bit to dial it in, but it holds fine when you get it there.  I don't know how well it would hold up in combat though.

I have only mounted and used it once with my 6015 with live fire and it held zero fine.  Since then I have not had an opportunity to use it; besides just playing in the back yard with the 6015.

Here is another unit I do use with live fire a lot though.  It is also from SK Industries, and you can see how they adjust with the allen screws.  It is only a visible laser unit, but it would be a blast in IR with a head-mounted NVD.  It mounts in the end of the cocking tube on this AOW-registered SP89.  The switch and battery unit are sealed inside the fore-grip.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0299.jpg

I am working on modifying the case so the laser can be activated from the briefcase handle...but who knows if it will work...http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0300.jpg

The IR units they sell are very nice though, and they are a good company to work with and have a lifetime warranty.  

Just thought I would mention it, since choices in IR lasers are fairly limited.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#3]
So, what did you pay for the IR/Visable unit?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what's up with SK, but he took me for $300 bucks. I did notice that before he got my money, he was 'screening' his calls; he'd answer the phone after he figured out I was a potential customer.  Once he got my cash, he didn't answer any more.

This guy is a thief.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't remember exactly; it was 3 years ago.   I believe I paid $800 total for the unit.

I don't know about them ripping anyone off.  They have always been honest with me.

Did you order something and they failed to deliver it?  If so, then I must agree with you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered, and paid in full.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top