Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:10:57 PM EDT
I bought this dual unit several years ago from SK Industries, and I have been very happy with it.

It is a dual Vis/IR unit with one head Vis and the other IR. You switch between heads with a switch on the back of the unit, and it is activated with a pressure pad. I need a mount at the moment, so it has been side-lined for a bit.

I have never seen these units discussed here, so I thought I would throw mine out there and see if anyone else owned one and what they thought of theirs.

I don't know what their current prices are. I bought this one about 3 years ago.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0286.jpg
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:58:22 AM EDT
Cool unit.
How does it adjust?(elevation&windage)
Does it hold zero?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:18:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 9:29:28 AM EDT by Zarathustra1]
It is adjusted with allen screws. Each square, laser head sits on a rubber pad and has an allen screw at each corner. You adjust it with those screws.

It takes a bit to dial it in, but it holds fine when you get it there. I don't know how well it would hold up in combat though.

I have only mounted and used it once with my 6015 with live fire and it held zero fine. Since then I have not had an opportunity to use it; besides just playing in the back yard with the 6015.

Here is another unit I do use with live fire a lot though. It is also from SK Industries, and you can see how they adjust with the allen screws. It is only a visible laser unit, but it would be a blast in IR with a head-mounted NVD. It mounts in the end of the cocking tube on this AOW-registered SP89. The switch and battery unit are sealed inside the fore-grip.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0299.jpg

I am working on modifying the case so the laser can be activated from the briefcase handle...but who knows if it will work...http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b109/Gewehr1/HPIM0300.jpg

The IR units they sell are very nice though, and they are a good company to work with and have a lifetime warranty.

Just thought I would mention it, since choices in IR lasers are fairly limited.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:48:59 AM EDT
So, what did you pay for the IR/Visable unit?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:08:19 PM EDT
I don't know what's up with SK, but he took me for $300 bucks. I did notice that before he got my money, he was 'screening' his calls; he'd answer the phone after he figured out I was a potential customer. Once he got my cash, he didn't answer any more.

This guy is a thief.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:20:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2005 12:21:25 PM EDT by Zarathustra1]
I don't remember exactly; it was 3 years ago. I believe I paid $800 total for the unit.

I don't know about them ripping anyone off. They have always been honest with me.

Did you order something and they failed to deliver it? If so, then I must agree with you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:00:37 PM EDT
Ordered, and paid in full.
Top Top