Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 11:33:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 11:35:46 AM EST by ALAN308]
Some pretty cool stuff indeed. I have looked at Leupold VXIII and wile on the fence due to its big game rifle eye relief, am seeing 1.1-4 IOR. Hands on examination not being convienant, Questions arrise.
Are there covers for the turrets? [ Protection and adjustment protection]
How much of the reticle illuminates?
Does the diopter adjustment 'lock' ?
How friendly is that 3.75" eye relief [ with regards to black out ]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:50:46 PM EST
Everything but the horseshoe illuminates. Covered adjustment knobs, diopter is focus? don't lock just spins free, eye relief is good on 1.1x at 4x you have to be more precise in positioning to avoid "blackout", I assume we are speaking of same thing here.
The scope is 15 oz. at least, heavy but built like a tank. I would prefer shorter eye relief also, but no biggee for me as it is. The illumination is visible only in dim light, in bright sunlight it is not visible except maybe against a dark background.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:42:31 PM EST
Thanks for the information. I guess thats why 'you dacat'. [I could not resist].

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:16:24 PM EST
fwiw I was just looking thru the scope and measured my eye relief as best I could. I could go 2 1/2" back from glass and get full fov, it's better than advertised at least for me.
Another cheaper route is the Simmons 1.5-5x 20mm turkey scope, reticle has diamond in center for speed and fine crosshairs for further. 80' fov, 10.5 oz., durable, $90 at Midway. No illumination, the 30mm model has illum as an option, but it's fov is 55' or so.
Top Top