Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 4:47:52 PM EDT
It looks as though IOR scopes may be offered as an option with the ar15.com's AR10 group purchase.  This is an unknown brand to me.  Does anyone have first hand experience with them?

Sniper Country seems to think they are a decent quality and a great value.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my IOR M2, I wish I had the NATO reticle, but the Draganov reticle is just need getting use to.

[img]HTTP://www.thermaldynamics.com/pictures/guns/iorm2.jpg[/img]

The optic is very bright and the view are amazing for the 300 dollars I paid.  This scope for the price they ask is probably one of the best optic buy on the market.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a IOR M2 with the Drag reticle. I really like the scope. I removed both rubber eye pieces and added Butler Creek flip ups. It was almost perfectly sighted in at 100yds when I got it. That is a sign of a quality scope. Its pretty easy to sight in one you get the screws loose. Mine came with SUPER tight screws, but once its adjusted, its stays put.
The BDC is nice. although my range doesn't go past 100yds, I haven't checked that feature. The green illum is nice and is easier on the eyes at dusk than red. Im keeping mine....
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The quality is EXCELLENT.  They are clear, bright and easily on par with the optical quality of a Leupold VariX-III.  Unfortunately, I moved the one I owned before I could put it through it's paces, but the optics themselves were stellar.

FWIW, I had the 1.1-4x CRT
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have IOR bino's, they are great.

I wouldnt hesitate to get a scope next time I'm on the market for one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.  This info is great.  I'll link to this thread from the AR10 group purchase thread so that others will benefit.

Keep the opinions coming.

Sniper country said the scope they reviewed didn't track perfectly when they shot the square pattern test.  Has anyone had any problems with that?

Apparently the optics are German with Zeis coatings, so they shouldn’t be too shabby.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't have any first hand experience with the IOR's, but they were discussed in detail on snipershide not too long ago:

[url=http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000193#000000]IOR versus Leupold from snipershide.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really like my IOR M2, I wish I had the NATO reticle, but the Draganov reticle is just need getting use to.
View Quote

Just curious, why the preference for the NATO reticle vs. the Draganov?  Simplicity?  I've been looking at these scopes too, but haven't made up my between to two reticles.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top