Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:36:21 AM EDT
I just got mine, and have yet to shoot with it. First impressions are good to me, but some insight on trigger time and extended use would be good.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:24:22 AM EDT
I want to try one of these as I think it's near perfect for a Recce, similar to the NF 2.5-10x24. BTW I just saw your rifle in the Recce pic thread, I like the SS bbl and SS Vortex.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:27:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jerz_subbie:

I want to try one of these as I think it's near perfect for a Recce, similar to the NF 2.5-10x24. BTW I just saw your rifle in the Recce pic thread, I like the SS bbl and SS Vortex.

Yeah', I was thinking the flexibility of 1.5-8 power would be ideal in a Recce configuration too. I can't wait to get it out in the woods here and wring it out.

I got that SS Vortex way back when Denny started offering them. I suppose it was the first piece of my Recce build.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:16:55 AM EDT
So far I like mine, I dont like the the BDC turrets as they are a pain to zero and with none 556/308 loads they are close but not close enough I would of rather had more conventional turrets.. and the lighting system needs a stop on it, you can turn mine past 11 and it will shut off but if you go to one from there it wont turn on as bright... a stop at 11 would fix that issue I think... over all it seems to be good to go.

The scope is now mounted in a Larue mount so I could put the rear sight back on I need to try it out with the NVG's also
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:16:14 AM EDT
Got one mounted on my rifle next to me.  I really like it so far and everyone I have shown it to really likes it.  Time will tell how well it holds up, as I just got it less than a week ago and other than zeroing, it has not been shot.  When I get to Afghanistan later on this month, I should be able to put it to better use and will write a review after a few months of hard use.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:31:50 AM EDT
My friend has the same scope/mount combo.  It is a nice scope but I wish the reticle was on the 1st focal plane so you could use the BDC at other magnifications besides 8x.  Also, changing the magnification is difficult because the ring is stiff and there isn't much room to do it.
Top Top