Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2005 8:50:54 PM EDT
Anyone out there have an IOR 6x42 on an AR?  Or any experience with this scope at all?  I am kinda fiddling with fixed power scopes of late, and am interested if anyone has any experience with these.  If anyone has done this, please post pics if you can (wanna see how it looks - vanity is important).  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, these are wildly popular scopes.  Took me awhile to read through all the responses.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The IOR 6 x 42 is a great scope, although it is a bit heavy.  The elevation and windage knobs are finger adjustable and the scope comes with a sunshade.  The MP8 reticle is also well designed.  I had one on a bolt gun for a while and it worked well for me.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Bradd.  Did you have any problems with it up close (say 25-50yds) because of the lack of adjustment in power?  Also, did you shoot longer (past 100-200) with it, and how did you feel w/ the straight 6x?  I plan on using this for an AR, and I rarely end up outside 100, so I thought the straight 6x would be nice and simple, and I've been happy w/ my IOR 2.5-10 and M2 4x24.  (I have lots of Leupolds and am just kinda playing w/ other options)

Again, thanks for the reply.  

P.S. Wouldn't happen to have pics would you (interested in seeing them somewhere other than on the IOR web site).
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think I have any pics of it mounted.  It was a nice scope.  No problems shooting up close.  That's the beauty of the 4x - 6x scopes.  I shot a .65" group at 100 yds with it mounted on my Winchester .308 using Portugese surplus.  The glass is fantastic and the reticle is great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.riflescopes.com/gallery/entry368.htm

Go here and you'll see a picture of one mounted on a Colt H-Bar.  It rides a little high on a carry handle, but nothing that a cheekpiece won't take care of.  It's a great scope.  Built tough with very clear glass.  The 1/2 mil marks take some getting used to, especially when making follow up shots and adjusting elevation.  It did for me, anyway.  

By the way, please vote for us in February.  (Shameless plug.)
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks BigW.  Nice pic, BTW.  And no shame in plugging (that sounded dirty, but wasn't meant to be).  PS - already used to the reticle - like it better'n mil dot, that's why I was iterested in this scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top