Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/30/2005 8:49:18 PM EDT
I've been wanting to pick one of these up for either my RRA M4 or RRA midlength. I was wondering is the intregal mount quick release style? I can't tell if the nuts are big enough to serve as thumb nuts or if they would need a wrench. It seems like a good BUIS would be useless if it's not quick release. Could those nuts be replaced with some thumb nuts like on a carry handle if they do require a wrench?

Also if anyone has this scope please let me know what your iverall impressions are of it. I know it's not that pricey by some peoples standards ,but it will be the most I've ever spent on a scope. The most I've ever spent on optics is $400.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 1:49:04 AM EDT
SIG-220,

I do not own one and like you I an considering getting one. I looked at the scope at the NRA gun show in Houston. It was nmounted on a DSA FAL and it was one robust and clear scope. I was imprerssed.

My only concern is the longevity and manufacturers back up in the US, there aere not a lot of scopes of this type out there, the Valdada distruibutor in CO told me this.

The integral rail is heavy duty and durable. From what I saw, the nuts are just that, torque down and leave them alone, I do not see how they can be uses in quick mount mode and still have the scope remain tight in shooting situations.

Guys I am glad to be back, been gone for five weeks. The eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my town, a lot of damage, no water and my family is fine.

77Bronc
Top Top