Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2004 2:24:37 PM EDT
I recently bought some ammunition at a gun show for cheap ($5 for 3X20 rd boxes) but I have not been able to find any information about it.  I was told that it was Israeli military surplus, 55 gr , non-corrosive, and berden primed.
It came in plain brown cardboard 20 round boxes with a single divider down the middle and stamped:  "CAL. .223 (5.56 MM) BALL, 20 ROUNDS", MADE IN ISRAEL.  The headstamp is a 19 upside down, T to the left, Z to the right, and 82 on the bottom.
It looks dark with some light corrosion on some in places.  I haven't fired any yet  and am particularly concerned about it really being non-corrosive.
Can anyone identify this and tell me about performance?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Follow up:  one odd thing I noticed after the original post is that each box has an assortment of dates in the early 80's and the opposite number is different from round to round also.  It does not seem that it would be packed like this from the factory??
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like somebody re-packed it with loose rounds.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
hock.gifDammit!  The dealer at the gun show lied to me.  He told me that these were Berden primed and they're really boxer primed.  I scattered 15 cases hither and yon cuz I thought they weren't reloadable.
Anyway, I only got to fire a few but those went off without a hitch and the few I fired on target grouped well enough, but I was mostly testing function and it was getting dark and wasn't  trying very hard.
I'm gonna try to get some more.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top