Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 8:16:01 PM EDT
I was looking through a link on the ammo price page and came across the IMI plastic bullet ammo that was referred to as anti terrorist ammo.  Will this stuff run through an AR?  I did a search to see if this has been answered before and came up empty.  I thought this looked like a cool round, I have been looking for something to shoot that would have zero riqeche potential as we are in the middle of all sorts of hunting seasons right now and virtually every place I shoot may have hunters in the next field.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]
This bullet is a spin off of our short range training round which uses a standard 5.56 case with a plastic bullet which accurately immitates the trajectory of M855 but has reduced range and risk of collateral damage. The IDF experiemented with using it as an anti personel round, primarily aboard ships as to reduce the possibility of riccochet. While its certainly safer to use, it lacks suitible terminal ballistics and thus is no longer being used. With the advances in frangible and HP ammo, using this ammo really isn't necessary which is why its being surplused off.  The lethality of this ammo is comperable to a really powerful airsoft gun. These are certainly lethal, however they are inferior to standard ball ammo or other alternatives. Don't think its safe to shoot your friend in the ass with these....its not. They will kill, just not as good as TAP. They will function fine in your weapon and are a good solution if you have limited space. They should work great for your situation.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
All IMI ammo is anti-terrorist ammo
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:21 AM EDT
[#3]
True anti-terrorist ammo is HP with bacon stuffed into the cavity.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
True anti-terrorist ammo is HP with bacon stuffed into the cavity.

Not all terrorists worry about pork.  The IRA, for example, used to blow stuff up regularly, for terroristic purposes.  Irish folks seem to like pork.  I'd prefer that comments about terrorists be kept to their criminal and political behavior, not become attacks against religions.

Oh, and flame away; the vast majority of Moslems condemn terror (though sometimes quietly, as their governments don't let them speak openly).  And Israelis aren't likely to do anything using pork either...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:26:52 AM EDT
[#5]
jee wizz guys, i didn't want to start a political or religious debate here.  I just wanted to know if these would actually cylce in my AR's.  Thanks for the info and it looks like I'll be ordering some.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Ricochet
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
So is honey baked or is sliced sandwich pork best? Just kidding I was also interested in the ammo when I was looking at it recently. Sounds like it probably would work ok as decent bump firing ammo thats about it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This bullet is a spin off of our short range training round which uses a standard 5.56 case with a plastic bullet which accurately immitates the trajectory of M855 but has reduced range and risk of collateral damage. The IDF experiemented with using it as an anti personel round, primarily aboard ships as to reduce the possibility of riccochet. While its certainly safer to use, it lacks suitible terminal ballistics and thus is no longer being used. With the advances in frangible and HP ammo, using this ammo really isn't necessary which is why its being surplused off.  The lethality of this ammo is comperable to a really powerful airsoft gun. These are certainly lethal, however they are inferior to standard ball ammo or other alternatives. Don't think its safe to shoot your friend in the ass with these....its not. They will kill, just not as good as TAP. They will function fine in your weapon and are a good solution if you have limited space. They should work great for your situation.

When they realized that it wasn't that good of an CQB load they started to use it as a riot control round. They, and many other countries also use/ed a rubber bullet that has a steel core as well as large rubber or plastic baton loads that they would shoot out of tear gas launchers. Do a search on google images on rubber bullets..man those dumbass hippies get the crap knocked out of them by those things...if it doesn't kill them.

I think it was a waste of time and money. Just shoot the jack@sses with a real bullet and get rid of them the first time.

Here's a website that has an xray of a person that was hit with a plastic bullet. Notice it's from the State of Palestine Ministry of Health.href=Pic of plastic bullet in skull x-ray.

I've shot some of and it's definitely NOT a toy.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top