Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/29/2006 5:55:13 PM EDT
I just got to wondering this.

Given that IMI and ADCOM M855 are loaded to the same specs, will they have the same point of impact?

I've just about used up my IMI M855 supply down to the SHTF reserve and just recently ordered some of the ADCOM M855 for plinking use.  Now I'm wondering if I have to re-zero my ACOG or if I can get away with using the IMI/SHTF zero with the ADCOM ammo.

Opinions?

-Frank
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I shoot the IMI M855,never had any adcom..but same spec ammo varies make to make and same make lot to lot,thats why we have a couple fouling shots 1st thing in matches..switching ammo can change POI even using same brand differant lots.

Longhunter
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot a few hundred rounds of both Friday.  I would do one mag of Adcon and one mag of M855 as a non scientific test.  I let them cool between loads.  They  both had about the same POI at 50 and 120 yards. Used a Bushy 14 1/2-1in 9 and a 20" Colt 1in7.  If anything was off it was probably me.  I could not see a difference in the POI and I was looking for it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What is 'ADCOM' ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is 'ADCOM' ammo?

Thanks

It's UAE M855. I bought some today, and although I havent shot it yet, It sure has a lot of bent case necks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I shoot the IMI M855,never had any adcom..but same spec ammo varies make to make and same make lot to lot,thats why we have a couple fouling shots 1st thing in matches..switching ammo can change POI even using same brand differant lots.

Longhunter

I can see how that would be a factor in long distance shooting.  Do you think the variations that you mentioned above would be significant inside of 300yds?

-Frank
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#6]
UAE=
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
UAE=

United Arab Emirates - also see ADCOM.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Does ADCOM ammo have a tendency to blow primers out and into the lower?  Seems like I heard that somewhere
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top