Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/16/2004 6:57:40 AM EST
Hello, I was wondering if these are any good.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:04:15 AM EST
Presuming you're talking about an FAL receiver, they are the closest thing to a factory FN receiver you can buy.

If Imbel is making AR receivers I've never seen one.

Imbel makes all of the frames for Springfield's 1911s. They make high-quality firearms for the Brazilian military.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:04:41 AM EST
For FAL's they are the Standard against which all other recievers are measured. Building with an IMBEL usually yeilds no surprises.

--usp_fan
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:37:42 PM EST
Yup, you won't be sorry with an Imbel. It's a great receiver.

Coonan receivers will shortly be available with markings not previously seen on receivers made in this country. And, they count as a US part, too. (Both G1 and StG-58 like markings will be available, and you can get the serial numbers you want to match your parts kit).

Personally, I prefer the Imbel about the best of all, although all the recent Coonan receivers that I have seen have looked really good, and they built well...

Check out the FAC thread on falfiles.com for more info.

And have fun building the rifle.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:37:37 AM EST
I just built my first FAL with an Imbel and the build went great! I have two more builds to do and I am doing those on DSA receivers but it isn't because I have any worry about the Imbel... I just wanted examples of the Type 1, 2, and 3 receiver...

Some details quarterbore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29
Top Top