Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2004 6:36:53 PM EDT
I ordered an IDF sling from zahal.org and it came with a two foot long piece of para cord. My question is; Is that enough to attach to the front and back by cutting it in half or do I need more?

Any pics of the slings in use?  Also what knots did you use to tie the paracord off once installed?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's one that show both the front and buttstock rigging on a CAR...

http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/m4/jenin-3.jpg

Check here...

www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/assault.htm

ETA-  I just got my IDF sling today!  Ordered it off ebay , searched for 'IDF sling'.  I got it for around $12 and it took about ten days to get here.  Good buy.  I'll post a pic once I get mine rigged.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I'll try to get a pic of mine up when the ban expires and I can put it together.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
paracord is quite cheap.  A roll would likely equip every member here with enough to IDF up their rifle.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive got one I also got my from ebay straight from israel, but it took about 3 weeks as apposed to 10 days.

Anyway, its a nice sling I've had it on every one of my "evil" guns, works/looks good on all of them but its sortof stayed on my AK somehow.  look around and you'll find some pretty cool ones out there, some have different IDF insignia embroidered on them, I've seen them in OD, Khaki, and Black.  
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top