Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 2:00:19 AM EDT
I have a Bushmaster XM-15, with the A3 upper. I recently ordered a Larue fixed BUIS. I plan to take off the carry handle, and put on the BUIS as my primary site, until I get some optics. I read over the IBZ instructions at MDAR15.com. However, the Larue BUIS isn't adjustable for elevation. Can I still get it zeroed in properly with just the front site? Any thing I should be aware of that I'm not thinking about?

Also, I read that there were problems with Bushmaster front site posts being to short. Do I still need to get the taller (.040) front site post to use with my Larue BUIS?

One last thing. The range I go to would only allow me three choices for distance to use when zeroing in (45 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards). Which distance should I use, and what will be the elevation difference?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help.

Robert
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:37:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rbruce:
I have a Bushmaster XM-15, with the A3 upper. I recently ordered a Larue fixed BUIS. I plan to take off the carry handle, and put on the BUIS as my primary site, until I get some optics. I read over the IBZ instructions at MDAR15.com. However, the Larue BUIS isn't adjustable for elevation. Can I still get it zeroed in properly with just the front site? Any thing I should be aware of that I'm not thinking about? Yes, you can still get it zeroed.

Also, I read that there were problems with Bushmaster front site posts being to short. Do I still need to get the taller (.040) front site post to use with my Larue BUIS?There's a good possibility. I had to go to the taller sight.

One last thing. The range I go to would only allow me three choices for distance to use when zeroing in (45 yards, 100 yards, 200 yards). Which distance should I use, and what will be the elevation difference? I would suggest 45. Use the small aperture while zeroing.

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks for your help.

Robert

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:56:10 AM EDT
If you have access to a 100 yard range, then put your targets out half way and do 50 yards, which is the preferred.

Check out The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site, they have a section on how to sight in with an A1 rear sight. (LaRue)
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:25:11 AM EDT
Top Top