Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2004 3:50:11 PM EDT
http://www.store.yahoo.com/diamondback/hydcyc19.html

On sale to. I ordered one today. Does anyone have one of these? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had the Hydrastorm tempest (old Model) from Black hawk for about 4 years and it has held up fine. the only problem was the refill cap's plastic retainer broke in 40 degree temp. other then that it has held up well. If i had it to do  over I would buy a camelbak and add the Hydrastorm Bite valve and I would be set... I think the camelback refill cap retention system is better designed and will last longer.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Blackhawk    Made in Vietnam.. thats the word going roundFar out huh?? now your gear can match them chinese boots and berets our troops are wearing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:56:53 AM EDT
[#3]
ARGGGGHHHHH! You gotta be pullin my leg!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
yea.. because all the shit you buy  at Wallyworld That's made in China is coming from a much better place!!!
People need to get over the "Vietnam" thing, or else stop buying from ..Japan, Germany, Italy, Russia, England and every other country we ever had a war with....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a CamelBak...its the original

and made stateside...if that's important to you
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a black hawk R.A.P.T.O.R pack of which includes the hydra storm hydration system with a water line insulator/camo-lator cover.

Works great...I like it better than my camelback because it has a screw on cap verses the camelback's snap in. Also the bite valve actually seals off water in the hydrastorm. ( i'd imagin due to the slide valve / bite valve combination)

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Blackhawk???

No way, Jose.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a Hydrostorm Tempest. The hose broke after I used it once. The construction was somewhat shoddy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My "original" is made in the Phillipines.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Hydrastorm Tidal Rave. The bite valve broke after about a year. Called them and was told it was out of warranty. They said the lifetime warranty didn't cover the bladder. I don't think the bite valve is the bladder. They asked me if I wanted to order a new one, and gave me the website address.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I only use CAMELBACK. Never a problem. The only other option is THE SOURCE. It is ISRAELI made and sold through TACTICAL TAILOR (GREAT gear! ALL U.S. made!LOL) Check them out at: www.tacticaltailor.com/products/hydration/
I just could never get into BLACKHAWK gear, only have ONE item, the shotshell loop sling. Otherwise it is always LBT,EAGLE,PARACLETE,SOE,TT,HSGI,TAG. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My "original" is made in the Phillipines.

Kisara,

I stand corrected.  My mistake
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I was given a Tempest a while back and I've ued it about a dozen times. Worked great for me, especialy when Hurricane Charley slammed into us here in SW Florida.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top