Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2005 9:19:00 AM EDT
I am thinking about making a new upper because I want something a bit more custom than my BM 16 car HBar chrome lined.  This may sound weird but I am looking to make a sort of hybrid, a mix of the accuracy of a varmint gun and the look and feel of a tactical carbine (Lights, Lasers, Aimpoint and tactical grip).
This is what I was thinking about so far:
-Rockriver flat top upper.
-Wilson 16’ stainless steel carbine cryoed and fluted (I am not looking to fluting to make the barrel stiffer or vent heat better, I am looking to bring the weight closer to the weight of a profile barrel without the extra whip that can come with a profile barrel.)
-Troy floating rail system

Of course I read all the time that the difference in accuracy will never be noticed by the average shooter, but I really want it this way so I have myself to blame for a bad group.

What do people think?? Am I going in a bad direction?? What else would you suggest other than a varmint gun?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#1]
When I saw the topic I was thinking a gas/electric opperated system, .

The Wilson Barrel may be more money that it performs, I know their guns are.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top