Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 2:02:31 AM EST
Hi guys. I've been looking online for ms2 reviews and can't really find any. I want to know how this sling works in 2-point mode as compared to the the old standby Vickers and Viking Tactical 2-point slings. I will be using the sling primarily as a 2-point so if the MS2 Rocks as a 1-point but is only passable as a 2-point then I'll probably go with the Vickers. If the sling rocks as a 2-point and happens to work well as a 1-point as well, then I'll buy this one for the extra versatility.

Thanks for your help MS2 owners,
Nate
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:16:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2009 5:16:54 AM EST by FunYun1983]
MS2 is not available. People have gotten them on specials, but not much, thats why you can't find a review.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:02:54 AM EST
Check out the Urban ERT sling. Can be configured as a 1 or 2 point. Also has a quick adjust like the Vickers.

I have both a VCAS and an ERT. If I need another sling, I'll get an ERT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:06:38 AM EST
I havn't used the others so I can't comment on them, but my MS2 in 2 point mode works great, though i don't often use it like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:35:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2009 2:40:30 PM EST by attack5]
I have worn my MS2 everyday now for 3 months primarily in 2 point mode. if you want a solid 2 point sling, get the VCAS, not the MS2.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:38:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2009 2:39:18 PM EST by JSGlock34]
My two cents - the MS2 is a single point sling that can fill the two point role, but it is a single point first and foremost. I personally find the MS2 harder to adjust than the VTAC or VCAS, and I found the 'pull forward to loosen' less than intuitive after working with the VTAC/VCAS for so long. That's a training issue vice an issue with the sling, but it is the opposite of the other models. I also prefer wider material in my two point slings, and I'm not too crazy about the various options for a forward attachment point.

Buy a MS2 if you want a one point that can serve well enough as a two point when called upon, but I wouldn't run one if my primary configuration was two point - the VTAC/VCAS/GS-2P are better two point slings.
Top Top