Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 3:02:31 AM EDT
Hi guys.  I've been looking online for ms2 reviews and can't really find any.  I want to know how this sling works in 2-point mode as compared to the the old standby Vickers and Viking Tactical 2-point slings.  I will be using the sling primarily as a 2-point so if the MS2 Rocks as a 1-point but is only passable as a 2-point then I'll probably go with the Vickers.  If the sling rocks as a 2-point and happens to work well as a 1-point as well, then I'll buy this one for the extra versatility.

Thanks for your help MS2 owners,
Nate
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
MS2 is not available.  People have gotten them on specials, but not much, thats why you can't find a review.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Urban ERT sling. Can be configured as a 1 or 2 point. Also has a quick adjust like the Vickers.

I have both a VCAS and an ERT. If I need another sling, I'll get an ERT.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:06:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I havn't used the others so I can't comment on them, but my MS2 in 2 point mode works great, though i don't often use it like that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have worn my MS2 everyday now for 3 months primarily in 2 point mode.  if you want a solid 2 point sling, get the VCAS, not the MS2.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My two cents - the MS2 is a single point sling that can fill the two point role, but it is a single point first and foremost.  I personally find the MS2 harder to adjust than the VTAC or VCAS, and I found the 'pull forward to loosen' less than intuitive after working with the VTAC/VCAS for so long.  That's a training issue vice an issue with the sling, but it is the opposite of the other models.  I also prefer wider material in my two point slings, and I'm not too crazy about the various options for a forward attachment point.  

Buy a MS2 if you want a one point that can serve well enough as a two point when called upon, but I wouldn't run one if my primary configuration was two point - the VTAC/VCAS/GS-2P are better two point slings.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top