Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 10/6/2012 9:33:43 AM EDT
Hello, my local gun store has a complete punisher spike lower for sale really cheap. I'm thinking about purchasing this and putting a PSA mid length on it. Can I get some people to chime in and tell me how well the fit and performance is?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:46:31 AM EDT
I have a 'blem' PSA upper that fits on my Spikes lower like they were made for each other.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:46:41 AM EDT
That will vary from piece to piece. You won't have a clue until you actually mate them together.

They should fit fine though. You shouldn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:46:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:52:36 AM EDT
Due to tolerance stacking upper to lower fit is luck of the draw.  I've sold uppers because they were too tight on one or more of my lowers.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:13:04 AM EDT
I have a PSA upper on a Spikes punisher power.

Fits great!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:14:52 AM EDT
Do you guys think I would have more "luck" with just spending more getting a spike upper as well?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:17:23 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:34:26 AM EDT
Quoted:
Do you guys think I would have more "luck" with just spending more getting a spike upper as well?

My PSA upper on my Spikes punisher lower fits better than my Spikes upper on my Spikes FLHTF lower.

There are tolerences with AR's so one may fit a little better than the other but they both go bang.

Really the only way to get a perfect fit would be to buy a matched upper and lower combo, or go the billet route. Those always line up perfect.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:46:22 AM EDT
Quoted:

Won't matter. All my Spikes uppers have Spikes lowers and PSA uppers have PSA lowers only because I had several of the matching brand when getting the uppers. I have mixed and matched between the two and can't detect a difference. I use Spikes lowers on all my BCMs with great results.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:10:23 AM EDT
When I bought 3 lowers during PSA's last sale, I just tried each of them with the uppers they might be mated with until I found the best fits. Two of them fit well (not too tight, not too lose) and one them, which went with a Bushie upper, fit really tight. It's so tight, I have to use a plastic punch to get the rear dentent popped.

Bottom line - if you want a "good" fit, test the upper lower fit before you buy or take your chances. Some vendors sell fitted upper/lower combos but I have no experience with those.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:17:02 AM EDT
I bought one not to long ago where I could not even get the pivot pins through the upper.... I ended up having to get both holes lapped to get it to work. I suppose this is a very hit and miss type situation though as I have heard most people s fit just fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:26:03 AM EDT
My Spikes lower fit my PSA upper like a glove

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:38:37 AM EDT
My spike upper fits my PSA lower fits fine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:19:31 PM EDT
Quoted:
When I bought 3 lowers during PSA's last sale, I just tried each of them with the uppers they might be mated with until I found the best fits. Two of them fit well (not too tight, not too lose) and one them, which went with a Bushie upper, fit really tight. It's so tight, I have to use a plastic punch to get the rear dentent popped.

I've scrapped uppers for that.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 1:12:05 PM EDT
Mine fits very well ..
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:53:10 PM EDT
Quoted:

As stated, its all tolerance stacking.  Just because they're the same brand doesn't mean they will fit together well.  Also, just because they're different brands doesn't mean they won't fit together well.  Brand names are pretty much irrelevant when it comes to upper to lower fit short of purchasing a matched upper/lower set like one from Noveske or Mega.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:58:34 PM EDT
Mine fits like its was made together.
BK
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:24:33 PM EDT
Quoted:
Upper to lower fit is only cosmetic. It has no effect on accuracy or reliability. Get the upper you want and the lower you want. The two listed will be fine together.  

+1
Top Top