Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 2/27/2007 7:41:40 PM EST
How do I tell whats the correct pull length for me on my 6pos stock. I can shoot with it fully open and fully closed, fully open is a bit of a stretch for the way I get a cheekweld (nose to charging handle) but not terribly uncomfortable.

So how do I know what's really the correct length of pull.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:53:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/27/2007 7:53:54 PM EST by DK-Prof]
Not to sound like a smart-ass, but the "correct" length for you is the one in which you are most comfortable and can shoot most accurately.

Spend some time (or a lot of time) shooting your rifle to get to know it. Start with it fully extended, and shoot for a while - and then try moving it in a notch and shoot some more, and then maybe try one more notch in.

To be using it fully closed or the next step or two out, most people would have to be wearing a lot of gear or body armor
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:57:32 PM EST
thats what I figured, I was wondering just in general though. I read somewhere that there's a way of calculating the optimal pull length for the average person...granted everyone's different and average's don't usually work...but it's a good thing to base off of. I can shoot my rifle in pos 1-5 comfortably
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:50:57 PM EST
Measure the distance from your inner elbow to your bent trigger finger (as if pulling a trigger) That is your approximate Length Of Pull (LOP).
Top Top