Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 7:42:32 PM EDT
I know its been covered before,couldnt find any info from old threads.I have a 14.5 bushy barrel how do I remove the comp,there seems to be what looks like parkerized over circles at the 6 and 12 oclock positions is this where its blind pinned if so How do i remove them,and can a dremel do the job?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend sending it to KKF to remove and replace it with whatever you want,or whatever is legal in your case(Pre-Postban)that way everything comes out nice and pretty and safe.............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Hacksaw.......................[;D]
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine is at Kurt's right now.

The best post I saw was where one guy drilled out the pin, then fired a round and the thing tore itself right off.  Then two or three people alleged they followed his lead.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey I posted the same thing mine is the AK brake though from Bushmaster.

I tried to remove it myself NO LUCK!

I hacked the thing up good also.

Now lesson learned its at Kurts getting a pro to do the job right. Install a KKF A3 runs $90 plus $12 or so in return shipping MUCH EASIER THIS WAY!

I spoke with Kurt and he turns these brakes off in a lathe, threads and pins weld the KKF A3 on or your choice of brakes or FakeFlash ends.

Don't even try it yourself, its a major job IMO.

Plus Kurts stuff is the BEST!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top