Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:10:42 PM EDT
I have an 15 from RRA. It has the removeable Tactical Carrying Handle and a fixed A-2 front site post. I am getting an Accupoint TR21 in red. Here are my 2 questions.

1) Do I mount the accupoint on top of the Tactical carrying handle, or do I remove the handle and mount the Accupoint starigt on the top rail of the 15?

2) Will I have a problem seeing over that front site post?

Thanx-
Bill
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
what Onslaught said
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
OK- Let's say That I can't spring for the Larue. Tactical carrying handle or top rail of the AR?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Sell the tactical carry handle on the EE.  That should ease the pain of the cost of the LaRue.

The TR21 has too much eye relief to mount directly to the flat-top.  I would think the same applies to the TCH, but even if not, that's too high for my personal tastes.

Other options include the RRA "scout mount", GG&G scout mount, ARMS #36-ex, or a number of Yankee Hill extended mounts.  All are cheaper than the LaRue, all will give you similar eye relief, none offer the myriad of features.

I have a buddy with the TCH.  It's completely useless for anything other than a (very heavy) iron sight, or a half-way mount for an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I currently have mine on a YHM 5" extension rail and Leupold low rings(see pic thread page 7).
Otherwise nice but the front sight gets in the way (funnily only with higher magnification?).
With higher rings and/or flip-up front sight would work fine.
Mine is currently a work in progress, I'm getting a quad rail free floating forearm, a flip front sight and quick detach rings.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I currently have mine on a YHM 5" extension rail and Leupold low rings(see pic thread page 7).
Otherwise nice but the front sight gets in the way (funnily only with higher magnification?).
With higher rings and/or flip-up front sight would work fine.
Mine is currently a work in progress, I'm getting a quad rail free floating forearm, a flip front sight and quick detach rings.

I had the same problem with lower rings, I when with some higher ones and it is much better now. The center of my scope is raise 1.5 inches from the flattop.

The YHM extension works fine for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can't spring for the Larue, which doesn't have enough eye relief for the TR21, I would call MSTN and ask for their extended riser they used to offer for the TR21.  Then find a pair of rings that are the right height and you are good to go.    That setup offers enough eye relief to shoot NTCH.   Just not as slick a setup as the Larue.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys talked me into it. I ordered the Larue today. A little pricey, but I plan on selling the RRA TActical CArrying Handle to defray the cost like Onslaught suggested. Onslaught- I won't tell my wife if you don't.

As always- thanx for the help guys.

Bill
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:16:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You guys talked me into it. I ordered the Larue today. A little pricey, but I plan on selling the RRA TActical CArrying Handle to defray the cost like Onslaught suggested. Onslaught- I won't tell my wife if you don't.

As always- thanx for the help guys.

Bill

[whisper] Pssssst... As of today, I've got $500 saved away in my safe that my wife doesn't know about... I'll be ordering my TR21 tomorrow... [/whisper]

There, now we're even!  

Now I just gotta make up my mind between the red and the amber.  I've read every thread on here I can find, and comparing the opinions of all the people on this board who's opinion I respect and trust, it's darn near 50/50

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I had the same dilemma. I decided to go with red, after talking to the only guy I met that had fired both. When I got on the net to order it today, the first 4 places I checked were out of red and only had yellow. THe 5th place was charging $17.00 more for the red. I finally found a place that had both, and they were $520 with free shipping. I got the red.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried to send you an IM to ask DISCREETLY where you got yours, but your IM is blocked

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top