Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 8:47:28 AM EDT
Ok, I just built a nice new 16 inch with adjustable stock.    It's too short to stand up in my rifle case with the stock extended.  If I shorten the stock, it's still too long to display along the door wall (Fort Knox safe).

I can fit it inside the safe horizontally, but what should I use to mount it?

(Or should I just put it in a corner of the safe and not worry about it)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try sticking a wooden dowel down the barrel to make it tall enough. Or else just build a platform using ammo boxes for the rifles to sit on.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some foam and cut it into a "u" shape and used strong double-sided tape to tape it into the inside of the safe.  My M4gery now fits in very nicely with the rest of my long arms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got some foam and cut it into a "u" shape and used strong double-sided tape to tape it into the inside of the safe.  My M4gery now fits in very nicely with the rest of my long arms.

It depends on where you live, but allowing foam to touch the metal of your firearms is generally a bad idea.  It can absorb and concentrate moisture on the metal.  Ask me how I know...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy and mount one of the armory mounts from AR15 user msnow.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You could try sticking a wooden dowel down the barrel to make it tall enough. Or else just build a platform using ammo boxes for the rifles to sit on.

+1 on the wooden dowel.

It works for me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#6]
If she is an American, Make sure you get her drunk first before you try and mount her.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Huh?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:33:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If she is an American, Make sure you get her drunk first before you try and mount her.

lol.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 2 by 4 laying along one side of my safe to raise up my AR's by 2 inches and takes care of the problem nicely.

John
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top