Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 5:10:55 AM EDT
I have two sets of rings; unfortunately they are both 1.40" and the scope will not fit over the Matech rear BUIS.  Additionally, it occurs to me that the only practical way to have both scope and BUIS on the same rifle would be for the scope mount/rings to quickly detach from the rifle.

So - I guess I am looking for some kind of QD mount and rings that locate the scope high enough to clear the rear BUIS (the eyepiece has Butler Creek flip up cap which adds a bit more diameter there.)

Does the LaRue SPR mount work in this application?  What about #35 QD base w/ #35 rings? Will 1.50" be high enough to clear the Matech BUIS?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a LT SPR mount with a 6-24 optic and a Troy rear and it works just fine. So I think it would work with your setup.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You're answer only requires one word:

LaRue.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]

+1

Larue is the best way to go IMHO.  Their SPR mount comes in the 1.5 version as well as the 1.93 if you need a little more height.  I'm not sure if the 1.5 will be high enough.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top