Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2003 7:21:57 PM EDT
I was wondering if there is a way to get fine scratches off the optics? Afganistan wasn't to ruff on it, but I have a few scratches I would like to remove.
   Thanks,
         FREE
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You're at Ft Bragg, right? Swing by the airfield and see if one of the chopper mechs will snag you some of the polish they use on the windscreens. That's the best damn stuff there is for removing light scratches.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Given how you earned the scratches, I would bet good money that Trijican would take care of that for you free of charge and with priority.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#3]
FREEFALLE6

Are you the gentalman who was using an Optima on top of his TA01NN?  How did it woirk out for you in the feild?

BTW I quit using that damn bikini cover.  If there is any sand on it or the lense it just grinds it in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yepper its me and the Optima did great. 7+ months on the same battery and had no problems. The seals had optimas/pro points on top of the spr's also. The seals were suprised that a 82nd guy had one.
         FREE

Quoted:
FREEFALLE6

Are you the gentalman who was using an Optima on top of his TA01NN?  How did it woirk out for you in the feild?

BTW I quit using that damn bikini cover.  If there is any sand on it or the lense it just grinds it in.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Never thought of that. I'll head out to simmons monday on the way to smith lake. I hope the ski rixen still running.
 FREE

Quoted:
You're at Ft Bragg, right? Swing by the airfield and see if one of the chopper mechs will snag you some of the polish they use on the windscreens. That's the best damn stuff there is for removing light scratches.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are ACOGs lenses multi coated?  If so, I wouldn't use any sort of polish to remove the scratch.  You'll only end up ruining the lens.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#7]
You might be right i'll email trijicon and ask them how to remove the scratches.
          Thanks FREE

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are ACOGs lenses multi coated?  If so, I wouldn't use any sort of polish to remove the scratch.  You'll only end up ruining the lens.
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top