Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/22/2008 4:58:40 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster M4 A3 . What is the procedure to remove trigger assem? I want to send it to Mr. Springfield for his trigger job. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 5:03:51 PM EDT by analogphotographer]
just sent mine to him today,
remove upper after all proper safe precautions are made
move safety 45 degrees between safe and fire and pull out,make sure to ease hammer to forward position slowly while pulling trigger then lightly tap out forward pin while holding hammer as it is spring loaded then tap out other pin and all drops out.i was nervous but after pin is out of one side it comes out super easy.it is so easy,there isnt much tension on the pins.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:04:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:16:11 PM EDT
you dont need to remove the grip to get the safety out.put it between safe and fire and pull it out.i used an allen wrench and a little hammer to tap out the pins,not much effort needed.
when you put the safety back in you will need to push the spring and detent down while snapping it in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:07:30 PM EDT
You can also use an empty 5.56 mm shell casing to stick into the empty hole while your FCG and safety selector lever are out. This will prevent you from losing the detent pin etc. It's just the right diameter. The shell casing can also be helpful when you re-insert the safety selector when you are re-assembling your FCG.
Top Top