Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:50:05 PM EST
i want to build me a ar15 - maybe build the lower reciever but i'm currently station in california (active duty army) - is their a way around it? or do i need to be somewhere else in order to do this? how is ANYBODY doing this and living in california with all these laws?!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:08:29 PM EST
What's the problem? Parts is parts, no parts are illegal here if you have the lower already.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:18:54 PM EST
In live in Kali as well. You can get any parts as long it isn't the serialized lower, or any Class III full auto stuff. All of the major parts sources, Brownells, etc will ship to Kali.
Of course you cannot buy an AR lower in Kali unless you are an active duty LEO with Dept. letterhead + the normal gun buyng paperwork. Even then you are restricted to 16 inch barrel & other design restrictions. Where are you in Kali? I'm in North eastern part, northeast of Sac.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:48:44 PM EST
I do not want to hijack some ones thread. But I do have a question that related to the original topic.

Is it legal for someone who is in the military to bring an AR15 to Kali should they get stationed their? And are their any privately owned weapon rifle ranges at or near Ft Irwin?

Thank you

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:23:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 6:24:49 PM EST by Adventurer_96]
It is legal for active-duty military to register assault weapons (according to the CA definition) prior to moving to CA by applying for a Military Assault Weapon Permit (MAWP) through CA DOJ. If you leave the military while in CA, they need to get out of state either by sale, storage, etc. but...
Active Duty Military Can Register Assault Weapons And Bring Them To CA!

If anyone needs more specifics, IM me and I'll pass on the folks at CA DOJ who handle this.

If you're already stationed here, you're boned for new sales.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:50:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:35:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/12/2006 8:36:45 AM EST by Stanze]
Thousands of us in occupied CA are buying non-listed(long story go HERE ) AR lowers right now.

The deal is we can only build them to CA-legal specs(10 round fixed mag), once CA Dept. of (in)Justice adds these "loophole" receivers to the banned list, they have to open a 90 day window of registration, once our lowers are registered as "Assualt Weapons" we can restore it to it's full functionality. Sounds easy huh? Well, the tricky part is finding a supplier who is willing to ship to a CA FFL and a CA FFL who is willing to recieve the lower. Some get the legalites of all this, some don't, some get it and still don't want to do the legal transaction.

I bought a STAG and DOUBLESTAR stripped AR lower receiver, and am pleased as punch.HereCalguns.net dedicated soley towards aquiring non-listed AR lowers.

Best of luck.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:38:34 AM EST
You have to cross the border!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:45:40 AM EST
You can buy a lower--again, check calguns.net

I would do it immediately. The window is open for an unknown period of time and we're currently sucking in just about every lower that isn't strapped down (about 3000+ in the last 2 months). Your biggest hurdle will be finding one right now.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:57:35 AM EST
Even so, see if you can get transfered...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:18:08 AM EST
transfers are not that big of a problem if you are willing to do spme homework. Many dealers are jumping on the banwagon. Just do it quick. I have bought and received 11 lowers for my collection.

Top Top