Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2003 10:33:05 AM EDT
Me, everysingle saturday, sometimes fridays as well, how about you guys?

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
not even near enough.

the joys of living in urban environment, ya gotta fight traffic to get there, hope there isnt a wait to use the range, hope the range officers arent up your ass, hope the range is operating properly, etc.,etc.,etc.

sorry, but shooting should be done in a relaxed atmosphere. I have actually left the range early due to the idiots around me. oh well.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Once in a blue moon.  

Why go to a public range if you live in the coutry??   [:)]  

Plenty of space, no one to deal with, and very relaxing.  Plus, everynow and then, you get to shoot at some rabbits/squirrels.  

But I must admit, to sight my guns in, I had to go to a local indoor range to shoot at certain distances.  (50 yards)  

Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
every other Saturday.. or atleast I used to. Got to start going again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#4]
3+ times a week. it never gets old
[sniper2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Twice a month. it's all I have time for. I would go at least once a week if I could.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Once every 2-3 weeks for the indoor range, but my aunt & uncle own several hundred acres of woodland in Iowa. I go there 2-3 times a week. I am very lucky, the indoor range is ok for ARs but you cant kill a watermelon, pumpkin, or Lawn Boy (THAT was fun) at an indoor range! Too bad Iowa is not ClassIII friendly, I would be bankrupt in a week...  John
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:30:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I average about 2 times a week, but sometimes more. Most of the time I don't get to shoot much because I am the rifle coach for my sons 4-H team. It is still a lot of fun though. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, I use to go twice a week, then I will blame the weather for not being able to go, now is only when my buddies go.
I need to take this seriously again, and try to go at least once a week.
Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:57:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Went 2 times a week until I moved. Haven't been in quite awhile since my shooting buddy became ill. Going in a couple of weeks after a businees trip to Florida.BobK
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:30:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I go every week at least once sometimes twice.

The bad thing is I have more then enuff .556 ammo, I just cant keep up with the .45acp ammo

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Twice a month for me. Once to shoot my Ruger 22/45 and the other to shoot my RRA AR15.
I just brush up on my skills. I dont really need the practice. [;D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Under normal circumstances Monday through Friday. Mix that up with both day and late night shooting, more recently day and night shooting the same "day". I don't usually mess with it on weekends if I can keep from it. Of course the heavier winter months of Jan. and Feb. slow things down quite a bit.

As a side note, none of this is in relation to a public range. I've got private areas to work with.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Want to go once everyother weekends but currently only once everyother MONTH.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I am fortunate enough to live 10 miles from the largest civilian shooting facility in the U.S., Ben Avery Shooting facility in Phoenix Arizona.  I go to their main range 2-4 times a month and then take classes on various other ranges in the facility 2-3 times a month.  The main range chardes $5 a day.  The only downside is that, as with all good things, the range is coming under pressure from real estate developers who are in bed with local politicans are creating housing developments next to the range and complaining about you guessed it noise.  Kind of like the idiots that buy houses next to airports and then lobby to get them shut down.  One day I fear that the range will be gone.  My rant is done.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunately, the only time I get out with my AR is for FDCC shoots.  I've been so damned busy lately with class that my weekends get devoted to reading hundreds of pages or doing research.  I'd like to go more, but the nearest range (other than one I don't want to use on account of bad relations with FDCC) is in Lake City, and the other is equidistant in the other direction.  It drives me insane [banghead]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#16]
once a week   becuase tahts all I can afford..
my tuesdays go like this..

*wake up.. take a dump..
*take kids to school < my day off so wife gets to sleep in :) >
*from droping off kids go to buy ammo.. $$$$ < a gotta skip a week sometimes due to this >
*stop by friends houses to see if they have any broken TV' or whatever that needs to die.
*arrive at the place I shoot
*after a couple of hours .. go pick up kids from school  < its semms like the day goes by in 15 minutes when at the range>
*go home

ps... not realy a range its a land lease type deal .. no range nazis.. do just about anything you want aslong as you clean up aftre your self.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Before my stroke, 2-3 times a month.  Post-stroke, I have only been to the range 3 times this year. [:(]
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Everytime I walk out my back door.

Raptor, I hope you recover well.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Averages to about once a week.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Twicw a week. Sat. after work, and sun. at about 1400. It's starting to cost a lot, but I can stop any time I want to! Oh, did I mention I have no life?? Well, shooting IS my life.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I am lucky to have Monday as my off day (usually) and shoot every Monday.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#22]
once every 2 weeks usually
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Ranges anywhere from once a week to once a month depending on when I can pull my face away from the textbooks.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am fortunate enough to live 10 miles from the largest civilian shooting facility in the U.S., Ben Avery Shooting facility in Phoenix Arizona.  I go to their main range 2-4 times a month and then take classes on various other ranges in the facility 2-3 times a month.  The main range chardes $5 a day.  The only downside is that, as with all good things, the range is coming under pressure from real estate developers who are in bed with local politicans are creating housing developments next to the range and complaining about you guessed it noise.  Kind of like the idiots that buy houses next to airports and then lobby to get them shut down.  One day I fear that the range will be gone.  My rant is done.
View Quote
I go there a couple time a month and yes, they are trying to develop the land around there.  Ben Avery has to be one of the premier if not the best public ranges in the USA - let's keep it that way.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Since MoDCC was started - once a month...

This month - 3 times...

I'd like to go every other Saturday...

Good stress relief, and who knows might help keep my blood pressure down...

[sniper2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I find myself going to the range more and more often. I used to go once a month. Now I go every weekend. I am getting to know the people who work there and the other guys that go out there regularly. It is the only place I can go and be somewhat alone- away from my wife and daughter. When I'm not at the range, I am thinking about it. Is that sad or what?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I find myself going to the range more and more often. I used to go once a month. Now I go every weekend. I am getting to know the people who work there and the other guys that go out there regularly. It is the only place I can go and be somewhat alone- away from my wife and daughter. When I'm not at the range, I am thinking about it. Is that sad or what?
View Quote

I do the same. It's time to clear the mind, like wiping away the little things. I think it is good therapy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Only been to a range once and the guy at the desk was such an asshole I’ll never go to one again. Anymore I just open the widow of my apartment and shoot out into the street.

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I try to go once a week, usually doesn't work out that way. I live in the SanFrancisco East Bay, so city ranges for me. Family, home, and unfortunately work, are the biggest obsticals. I would prefer daily but would settle for weekly, currently about once every three weeks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:20:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I make it out to the out door range 2 or 3 times a month. I try to sprinkle the handgun shooting at the indoor ranges in there as much as I can too...

JIM
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#31]
i go EVERY other saturday like clockwork.  my wife dosent even try and talk me out of it anymore.  i can also squeeze in a mid-week trip 2 or 3 times a month

so i guess i go 4-6 times a month, not enough but it keeps me from spending too much on ammo.

the only thing is i always act like each trip to the range will be my last so i find myself dragging every gun i own out every time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I go between two and five times per month.  Two times a month I go shoot for 5+ hours though.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 9:01:36 AM EDT
[#33]
About once a month if I am lucky and more if I go to a local IPSC match.  I wish that I lived in the country or close to land where I could  shoot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Cool!, how about the rest of you guys?

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I normily go once a week.I work night's so i get to go during the week when it's nice and empty.Forget the week end's.The range master is a cool guy,long as you don't do some thing stupid,other wise he let's me put out clay's and full soda can's.This help's keep it fun.With the weather down here now i get my ass out of the bed and go,tired or not,the morning's are just to beautiful to waste.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Shoot for score monthly.
Sidearm and rifle training weekly.
Plinking Monthly.
Big game hunting annualy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]
average 5 times a week day/night.  Sometimes more sometimes less!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am fortunate enough to live 10 miles from the largest civilian shooting facility in the U.S., Ben Avery Shooting facility in Phoenix Arizona. , as with all good things, the range is coming under pressure from real estate developers who are in bed with local politicans are creating housing developments next to the range and complaining about you guessed it noise.  Kind of like the idiots that buy houses next to airports and then lobby to get them shut down.  One day I fear that the range will be gone.  My rant is done.
View Quote

Yep, same-same on the East side of Phoenix with Rio Salado.  Great facility.  It has been there for years.  Now, there are both new neighbors and new rules/hours.  It is probably on the same track as Ben Avery.  I think it is epidemic with ranges across the country.  No matter how far away you build it, they (neighbors) will come.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#39]
i normally go wed. nights, saturdays, and sundays. unfortunately the weather here has been so crappy this year that i've been forced to go wed. nights, staurdays, and sundays in the rain. My pistol permit should be in shortly also... i'm pretty sure that will not serve to mitigate my ammo expenditures.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:47:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I just joined my first gun range so I'm hoping to go at least 2-3 times a week. But since it's getting dark earlier now, I'll have to stick to the weekends for my AR. Indoor ranges there are for pistols only(or .22 rifles), so any after dark shooting will just be my Walther P22. My AR shooting will end up depending on my ammo expenditures as well. I'm sure I could easily go through a few hundred rounds in an afternoon of shooting with the AR, so I may have to limit myself to 200 rounds in a weekend to keep my expenses in check. J
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#41]
No ranges here in the Florida Keys, im right down in Key West, so we improvise, we go out on my fishing boat about 8-10 miles and shoot at floating targets and throw skeet to shoot at with our 12 gauges.The flying fish make good targets to.I have family in the mainland of Florida that have land in the middle of the country.
Shoot two or three times a month on water and once every two months on the farm in the mainland.
I would like to shoot every weekend on land really, the movement of the sea is sometimes a bit too much.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Once sometimes twice a month.  I love the member only time after 5 pm, as it really clears out.  There's been times I was the only one there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#43]
I used to go every Thirsday when I had an easy semester. Now I only get out once every couple months. I was actually going to go today, but it was raining, and I did not feel like getting soaked in between classes.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I usually go once or twice a month on weekends.  I try to catch up on reloading for the next trip on weeknights when I'm not doing other things.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#45]
On a good month, once a week.
On a bad month, only when the sun shines.

It's raining outside![>(]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top