Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2003 7:38:10 PM EDT
I'm new, I've discovered the difference between USGI and crap mags, and have picked up 1 England mag sofar.  Question:  I have a Bushmaster and want to know if there is a lot of play (how much the mag wiggles back and forth with inserted into the mag well.  I only have the 10 rd. Bushy mag to compare the England mag with, obviously the Bushy mag is a tighter fit, with other USGI mags, should there be some play or should it be a tight fit like the Bushy mag?  Thanks. If this is addressed in the FAQ, forgive me for not reading it, the link seems to be down, at least for me anyway.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It should wiggle a little from side to side, and from front to back.

This is a unique question.  I don't think the MAG FAG addresses this.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Above wiggle test is with colt receiver and New USGI mag.  The wiggle results were similar with the mag loaded and unloaded.  Temperature is 80 degrees.  Wind is from the west at 5 miles per hour.

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Above wiggle test is with colt receiver and New USGI mag.  The wiggle results were similar with the mag loaded and unloaded.  Temperature is 80 degrees.  Wind is from the west at 5 miles per hour.

View Quote

Humidity?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What about elevation? it's all about elevation.

New Bushys IME have these loose slutty mag wells that not only allow everything (I have used thus far) to  slide in effortlessly, but to drop free as well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Humidity 8%, elevation 1200!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
MAG FAG
View Quote

Interesting choice of letters.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I investigate this too.  The bottom of the mag will normally move forward-to-backward approx 1/4 inch to maybe 3/8 inch.

I checked this after I got some England mags.  For some reason, the England mags APPEAR to have more play.   But when I actually measured the play of the England mag to USGI mags, the play was equal to the USGI mags.  

But, I agree... for some strange reason, the England mags give the illusion of having more play.. But, they don't. [whacko]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MAG FAG
View Quote

HUHUHUHUHUHUHUH...He said MAG...HUHUHUHUHUHUHUH

[img]http://web.mit.edu/nuwong/www/animated/BUTTHEAD.GIF [/img]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top