Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:12:24 AM EST
Will the price of Colt M4 uppers go down after the AWB Sunsets??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:14:15 AM EST
I'll look in my crystal ball when I get home this evening.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:15:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jm03:

Not likely.

Uppers were never 'controlled', they never stopped making 'pre ban' ones...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:21:52 AM EST
Might actually go up at first. Since there will likely be a greater demand dom 9/14.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:30:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Not likely.

I understand what you are saying.But how will they fetch $700 plus for them when you can buy a complete M4 for about a grand?And get the Colt Ribbed collapsable stock and tube to boot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:34:40 AM EST

Not likely.

I understand what you are saying.But how will they fetch $700 plus for them when you can buy a complete M4 for about a grand?And get the Colt Ribbed collapsable stock and tube to boot.

Who's getting $700 for them? I just ordered an LMT M4 upper for <$500, and you can get complete uppers ready to fire from CMMG for $500 as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:40:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By norman74:

Not likely.

Who's getting $700 for them? I just ordered an LMT M4 upper for <$500, and you can get complete uppers ready to fire from CMMG for $500 as well.

Yeah I know I got a LMT from MSTN a couple of months ago.I am not sure of the current price for a Colt M4 upper.I know the last time I checked a while back that was the going rate.I am just trying to figure out my Post-AWB purchases.I need a pre ban upper for one of my lowers and would like to get a Factory Colt.Since I am partial to Colt anyway.But if the price is still outrageous I will go with another LMT.They have great fit and finish and it will match with my KAC lower anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:08:17 PM EST
There are several manufacturers that have surpassed the quality and finish of the Colt uppers. All the guys I know are using LMT or Rock River Arms. Better quality, a lot less money, and a lot more available.
Top Top