Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:08:18 PM EDT
My buddy at work asked me today how much his upper and lower were worth.  He has a Colt SP1 upper witha 16 inch barrel and standard flash hidder and a PWA lower with a collapsable stock.  He got them from his uncle who had tried to make a complete rifle out of them.  My buddy says the rifle jambs every second or third shot.  The take down pin holes dont match up.  A gunsmith made an off set pin for him but apparently it does not seem to work very well.  I told him he may want to sell them separately so as not to pass on his bad luck.   What do you guys think?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I did ask him to try and get me some pics.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]

PWA are great lowers, I know several guys who have them and swear by them.  Actually, one of them is a pre 86 M-16 based on a PWA lower.  That being said, I'd buy the lower and get my self a nice upper for it.  I don't know what the market value of a PWA is now days, but I remember hearing a class 3 dealer tell me he sold them new just a littly less than a Colt.  Rumor is also that the PWA's were made on tolling from LMT.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#3]
PWA on LMT tooling?  lol...  that's a joke, really...  

Pac West Arms made lower recievers for people who wouldn't shell out the money for a Bushmaster or Olympic SGW receiver...  they were much cheaper, wholesale on them was under $100 when they were in business.  The fit and machining weren't the greatest, but the finishes were decent.  The one thing that you could guarantee with a PWA, and why I think most people like them, is that all of them are pre-ban... afaik, but that doesn't matter anymore.  Quality is probably on par with Vulcan (hesse)...

PWA was bought by Rock River Arms in the mid 90's.

How much are they worth now?  Probably not much more than a new Rock River, Eagle, or similar lower receiver.  Since the AWB sunsetted, their value is substantially less that it would have been a year ago, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#4]
since none of it seems to work tell your friend i will offer $50 for it all.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
PWA on LMT tooling?  lol...  that's a joke, really...  

Pac West Arms made lower recievers for people who wouldn't shell out the money for a Bushmaster or Olympic SGW receiver...  they were much cheaper, wholesale on them was under $100 when they were in business.  The fit and machining weren't the greatest, but the finishes were decent.  The one thing that you could guarantee with a PWA, and why I think most people like them, is that all of them are pre-ban... afaik, but that doesn't matter anymore.  Quality is probably on par with Vulcan (hesse)...

PWA was bought by Rock River Arms in the mid 90's.

How much are they worth now?  Probably not much more than a new Rock River, Eagle, or similar lower receiver.  Since the AWB sunsetted, their value is substantially less that it would have been a year ago, IMO.

My PWA ROCKS
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
One last try... How much could he get for his upper?   How much for the lower?  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top