Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 1:40:59 PM EDT
So what are your thoughts on this upper.  Im thinking about buying one, is it worth the money?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the upper and have a Holo sight installed which makes for a good functional fit on the gun.  The upper is very accurate up to 50 yards (I have not had time to see what it does farther out).  It is fun and economical to shoot.  However, be aware there are very few times I can empty a 10 round mag without a failure.  Mostly failure to eject.  The bolt is very tight within the chamber and as I pull the action you can feel it.  I'm probably going to polish the tight spots and see if this helps.  I think over time it will loosen up if I do nothing.  Make sure to shoot only high velocity ammo.  Preferably something with a 40 grain bullet.  All in all, I'm happy with mine.  Good luck...Tim
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting that you have found that high velocity is needed, I presume, to cock that big, heavy hammer. Mine works better now that I have polished the trigger-group parts and reduced the hammer spring strength.

The V22 AR-15 22LR Dedicated Upper manual states:

"Ammunition: The V22 Conversion unit is designed to fire 22LR high velocity ammunition reliably. Use of other than high velocity ammunition might lead to functioning problems and is therefore discouraged."

An e-mail from TG at the importer's site told me:

"High velocity ammunition will frequently not work and is not recommended for use in the V-22 upper. The non-firing situation is a problem that we have not experienced in any of our test units. We have several uppers undergoing long term testing, some of which have more than 3k rounds so far, and the testers have not reported any such incidents."

After I sent him the above quote, he/she hasn't e-mailed me again.

I also find it interesting that some of the uppers had already shot more than 3k rounds. If you check some of the .22 boards you will find that most of us shoot that many rounds in a week or so. Interesting indeed.

Wade
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I will stick to my 10/22, for .22 shooting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#4]
RidgeRider...I guess you were on of the lucky ones to get a manual with your V22.  Mine showed up in the white box and that's it.  (What should I expect, though, buying a Czech gun).  I might have to go back to trying different ammo.  This time I'll give non H.V. more of a chance.

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
T:

The Czech's have a reputation for producing some great guns. This one is well made, but seems to have some problems. Mine shoots Wolf ammo. into one hole. But it doesn't always cycle the action. I am still working on that. The misfire problems too. But for the $300+ price tag, you just want a little more. Then, of course, you have to furnish the lower, which totals over $400. Wade
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Well thanks for the info guys, but Ive decided to hold off on a .22 upper for now I just bought a new toy at the gun show over the weekend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 (What should I expect, though, buying a Czech gun).  

View Quote

Well, depending on which one you buy, how about: value, accuracy, dependability, and ruggedness?  Don't malign all Czech guns cause you didn't get a manual with your upper...which is technically not a gun anyway lol.  The other CZ company produces some fantastic guns.  

I had hoped that this upper would be better than it appears to be...I get the 50 yard accuracy out of my 20" 1:9 Armalite upper using just the Ceiner kit that the CZ upper seems to be getting according to another thread...so I guess there's not that much impetus to get one.  I can't afford the Keuhl...anyone try the DPMS?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:27:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I find a picture of a CZ 22LR upper?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Go here and search under V22.  It will bring up 3 or 4 listings (upper, mags, etc.)

http://catalog.jgsales.com/

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top