Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:09:12 PM EDT
What are your thoughts regarding this product, and what is your basis for your thoughts?

Those who have no experience need not reply.

Tack
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I never used it so I did not vote. I will say I have used a ton of gun lubs trying to find the best. I bought into the Militec hype and the FP-10 hype and later found out that these lubes were just hype and nothing more.  I'm not bashing XF-7 but untill I see a real report on peformence testing like the  Military Aberdeen prooving grounds testing of SLIP 2000 and Break Free CLP XF-7 is nothing more then hype. They all claim to be the best and we all know they all can't be the best! So untill they put up real independent testing like the Aberdeen tests ect. they need to shut up.
SLIP 2000, Mil-Comm and Break Free as far as I can tell are the only ones to put up!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I never used it so I did not vote. I will say I have used a ton of gun lubs trying to find the best. I bought into the Militec hype and the FP-10 hype and later found out that these lubes were just hype and nothing more.  I'm not bashing XF-7 but untill I see a real report on peformence testing like the  Military Aberdeen prooving grounds testing of SLIP 2000 and Break Free CLP XF-7 is nothing more then hype. They all claim to be the best and we all know they all can't be the best! So untill they put up real independent testing like the Aberdeen tests ect. they need to shut up.
SLIP 2000, Mil-Comm and Break Free as far as I can tell are the only ones to put up!

Here you go:

www.mdtactical.com

Been using it of over a year now here in Colorado. Doesn't freeze, drip (stays where you put it), burn, wipe off, come off in Salt Water, and carbon wipes right off. Shot over 1,000  rounds between cleanings ( to test the product) without any malfunctions.

Far superior to any of the CLP's, Militec, Tetra etc.

That's the only independent test I need!

Tack
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll check it out!
1,000 rounds is a good test but not good enough. The most I have fired before a cleaning was 2,700 rounds at a prairie dog hunt over 3 days in my RRA AR15. I used SLIP 2000 gun oil and the gun never has a problem. When I cleaned it the bolt was still wet anf the inside of the reciever was still wet with oil. It was filthy though.
2,700 rounds is still not much. I have seen folks do even more then that!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea; and I've seen people jump from the Walt Witman bridge between Phila. and NJ. Doesn't mean you should do it too!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Absoultely love the stuff! would recommend it to anyone under any circumstances! Far superior to any gun lube I've tried. Stuff stays where you put it and seems to never go away. I've applied it once to my AK 1500 rds later its right where I put it albeit significantly dirtier. I use a light coating on all my knives to keep the edge and exposed metal from rusting and it works great.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll check it out!
1,000 rounds is a good test but not good enough. The most I have fired before a cleaning was 2,700 rounds at a prairie dog hunt over 3 days in my RRA AR15. I used SLIP 2000 gun oil and the gun never has a problem. When I cleaned it the bolt was still wet anf the inside of the reciever was still wet with oil. It was filthy though.

2,700 rounds?
Good gawd Im glad I dont hunt around you.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll check it out!

2,700 rounds?

That trip was last May in South Dakota. I brought 3,000 rounds of .223, 1,000 rounds of .243 and 300 .22 Mag. The area has the largest population of Prairie dogs in the country. There are so many that so far out it looks like the ground is moving!!!! We shot all but 300 rounds of ammo in 3 days. Some of the other hunters shot even more then that. It was totall action and non stop shooting. Tons of fun and we are going back this May for another round. You should try it some time. Even after all the dogs we killed we didn't even come close to denting the population one bit. The are massively over populated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:35:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll check it out!

2,700 rounds?

That trip was last May in South Dakota. I brought 3,000 rounds of .223, 1,000 rounds of .243 and 300 .22 Mag. The area has the largest population of Prairie dogs in the country. There are so many that so far out it looks like the ground is moving!!!! We shot all but 300 rounds of ammo in 3 days. Some of the other hunters shot even more then that. It was totall action and non stop shooting. Tons of fun and we are going back this May for another round. You should try it some time. Even after all the dogs we killed we didn't even come close to denting the population one bit. The are massively over populated.

I remember you talking about it in the past.I was just pokin fun atcha.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:32:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll check it out!

2,700 rounds?

I remember you talking about it in the past.I was just pokin fun atcha.

you should meet us this May if you can make it. It is is Mission SD on the Rose bud indian res. Very nice people out there.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top