Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2008 6:17:58 PM EDT
I had JP Industries install one of their trigger/hammer combos in one of my rifles.  When they sent it back it came with a full-page disclaimer that talks about how the precision I've invested in comes with trade-offs and that the trigger may need to be adjusted after "thousands of rounds".  Does anyone have experience with these?  How many rounds before I can expect to need some maintenance?  I'm not criticizing JP - the trigger pull is sweet and the turn-around from the factory was a week as advertised.  I don't have any complaints, I'm just curious about how long I have before the rifle will need maintenance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine  has been running for years.

I've only had to adjust it when moving it to different lowers.

Link Posted: 12/9/2008 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That's good to know.
Link Posted: 12/10/2008 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have three lowers with JP triggers and all work great.  My hightest volume rifle (3gun) has 8K on it and the trigger has never failed.  I do send my JP rifles back to JP once a year to have them go through the rifle and check things over before the next shooting season.  Don't know if they adjust my trigger when doing this, but have never had an issue.  Nick-
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I just saw that Wilson Combat sells their ARs with JP trigger/hammer groups installed as standard equipment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
All triggers ware over time. If you have a JP adjusted to the fine edge, you may see it ,you may not. If it ever starts to double, time to readjust.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
10 plus years on my JP trigger without adjusting it.

I set it up for a tad bit of creep for extra engagement on the hammer/trigger sear surfaces as well as a tad more engagement on disconnector/hammer.   Do I have my trigger set up to be optimal target trigger that breaks like that of a 2 ounce hair trigger?   No.   But it's light years better than a typical AR single stage mil-spec trigger, smoother, lighter, and a fraction of the travel.

That's the nice thing about setting up the trigger yourself and fitting it yourself as opposed to having JP do it for you.   I set mine up for both durability as well as reducing the chances of having a double.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top