Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 6:23:51 PM EDT
S&B 1-4X Scope Link

Its got the same flash dot illumination, 1-4X power and body of the Short Dot but second focal plane reticle and deletes all the target knobs and mildot reticle stuff.   Same body as the Short Dot but costs $400 less.  Seems like a good alternative to someone looking at a similar scope from Nightforce that will be set at 50 yards and only used for CQB to 200m or so.  Still it will be around $1600-1$1800 with a NF 1-4Xcosting $1000-$1200.

It only weighs 16oz too instead of the 18.7oz of the Short Dot.  Then again The Meopta Meostar would be about 95% of the scope at 1/3 the money.  

Intersting they are doing second focal plane reticels in flash dots.  I heard a rumor the new Short Dot for this year may have a front focal plane mildot reticle with second focal plane flash dot.  Would be interesting to see if they can do that.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So they admidt that buyers pay $400 for the reticle and target knobs.  

Good reasons not to buy S&B.  

I'mn hoping the 600m EO will come out soon- it seems to be the ideal choice for a day-night sight combo when used with a Samson 3x quick flip.  and a PVS14/3X

Seriously you could get the target knob and your choice of reticle for $100 from USO and they are extreme high end.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I beleive Zenith uses different glass and/or coatings on that line of scopes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top