Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 2:24:04 PM EDT
Yes, I know some of you have seen my posts longing for my new Beowulf upper...

I placed my order thirteen weeks ago today and I'm still waiting.

Patience isn't exactly one of my redeeming qualities so I"m really jonesing for that upper.

So just how long did you have to wait ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:24:19 PM EDT
13weeks , where did you order it , Competition Shooting Sports ? If so I believe if it were me I would cancel the order and spend the extra $40 and order it from Midway , they have them in stock . But thats me I hate to wait and would gladly spend the extra cash .
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:01:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 9:58:50 PM EDT by nascar3n8fan]
Yes, that's where I ordered it from and believe me, I hate to wait too.

I probably would take your suggestion if it would only cost me the $40 extra. When I ordered they were only $581 plus I'm supposed to be getting a $25 rebate because they had a deal at that time. Midway lists for $659 for a difference of roughly $100.

If I would have been paying closer attention to the equipment excange, I could have actually picked one up cheaper and faster from a guy that hadn't opened his yet and needed the money.

ETA Oh yeah, I forgot earlier, but since I live in Missouri, actually only 1/2 hour from Midway USA, I would have to pay an additional $41 in sales tax making the difference $144.00

It was a good suggestion though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:23:53 PM EDT
Took about 10 weeks from CSS for mine to arrive.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:11:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2005 9:12:53 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]
took me 3wks to get a beowulf brake from css and i live 15mins away from them eta: my order was phoned in and item was in stock ready to ship per arne. no pickups, no meeting,no usps, nothing but wait.

i got mine locally at another actual shop and it was a complete entry rifle, paid close to $850 for a complete rifle all alexander arms and marked as so.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:25:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
took me 3wks to get a beowulf brake from css and i live 15mins away from them eta: my order was phoned in and item was in stock ready to ship per arne. no pickups, no meeting,no usps, nothing but wait.

i got mine locally at another actual shop and it was a complete entry rifle, paid close to $850 for a complete rifle all alexander arms and marked as so.

That sounds like a sweet deal. Guess I'll keep watching the EE and Gunbroker until mine gets here or I hear something positive about mine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:27:10 PM EDT
if that were me i would cancel and order/buy elsewhere
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:26:10 AM EDT
Damn. You guys are bumming me out. I ordered mine from CSS 3 weeks ago. Another 10 weeks would put it close to Thanksgiving - not a lot of shooting to do in late November in MN... Maybe I need to explore other options.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:06:07 AM EDT
there are other guys/dealers in the ee that sell the same or the like for about the same.

and they can actually tell you when you should expect deliverary of your stuff.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:32:50 AM EDT
I see used ones go by now and then on the EE - but do any of the ARFCOM dealers actually stock them? If so, who? The main reason I went with CSS is that they appear to be the only place that sells the precision upper with free float barrel, factory installed brake. I prefer this configuration, but on the other hand, I don't want to wait until Christmas to get it. I could always install the brake myself if I could find someone with one in stock.

Thanks,
Erud
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:53:18 AM EDT
Unless someone has it in stock, you will have to wait regardless whom you buy it from.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:18:28 PM EDT
there are a few guys(members) that own shops that sell them here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:17:03 AM EDT
Who are the guys that sell them here? Like I said, I only see the occasional used one on the EE... Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:07:29 PM EDT
I got mine at Cabela's same day. I think they are still running the deal I got until October. With a card I got in the mail when you buy over 500 bucks worth of stuff you get 150 dollar gift card. So I paid about 675 for it before tax and got the 150 gift card.

They had them in stock at the Dundee Michigan Cabelas. They also have them in the catalog but the gift card was for in store purchase only.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:09:46 AM EDT
The dilemma I have is that first, I don't want to lose my good deal (getting a beowulf upper for $556). Second, if I don't decide to pay $100-$150 more for it, I'm afraid that I'll basically be getting out of line (where I'm supposedly second in line) and getting into someone elses line at the back and starting all over.

Oh well, thanks for listen to me bitch about it.

I do actually feel a little better now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:20:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Snpr1:
I got mine at Cabela's same day. I think they are still running the deal I got until October. With a card I got in the mail when you buy over 500 bucks worth of stuff you get 150 dollar gift card. So I paid about 675 for it before tax and got the 150 gift card.

They had them in stock at the Dundee Michigan Cabelas. They also have them in the catalog but the gift card was for in store purchase only.

Good luck!

Hmmmm, maybe I need to take a trip to the Cabelas in KC. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:44:25 AM EDT
I know this is three post in a row in my own thread but....

W00t

Arne just called me 5 min ago and told me that my upper will ship either TODAY or TOMMOROW.

I'm actually feeling giddy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:35:01 AM EDT
Sweet! I just hope I don't have to wait 10 more weeks to get that call... I guess I just moved up 1 place in line!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:08 AM EDT
I ordered a Beowulf from CSS in March and they told me it was on back order. I went to Cabela's in Kansas City, KS and bought the one they had in stock on the shelf. I cancelled the order from CSS. On 09-01-05 CSS called me and told me the Beowulf shipped out. I called them back and two weeks later they got the redirected package to come back to them. They don't have their shit together. Nice guys, but not very technologically skilled. Good Luck to you though!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:31:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR-Poor:
I ordered a Beowulf from CSS in March and they told me it was on back order. I went to Cabela's in Kansas City, KS and bought the one they had in stock on the shelf. I cancelled the order from CSS. On 09-01-05 CSS called me and told me the Beowulf shipped out. I called them back and two weeks later they got the redirected package to come back to them. They don't have their shit together. Nice guys, but not very technologically skilled. Good Luck to you though!

If yours wasn't supposed to have a muzzle brake, then I'd bet a box of doughnuts that I'm getting yours.
Arne told me that I was getting one that was coming back from a mis-shipment or something to that effect. I didn't really care other than the fact that I was getting mine.

BTW Good luck Erud. Hope you get yours faster. Maybe they'll get caught up.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:36:14 AM EDT
Arne sent me an e-mail today saying that he is sending the Beowulf he accidentally sent to me to another customer. It is probably yours. It had no muzzle brake. I am still waiting on my ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:11:33 PM EDT
i ordered a complete rifle, AWS upper with the muzzle brake, and the A.A. lower directly from A.A. and waited 15 weeks, it was worth the wait!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 5:23:17 PM EDT by nascar3n8fan]

Originally Posted By AR-Poor:
Arne sent me an e-mail today saying that he is sending the Beowulf he accidentally sent to me to another customer. It is probably yours. It had no muzzle brake. I am still waiting on my ammo.

Damn, if you'd bet me, I'd be a box of donuts richer.

At least it will get to stay in Missouri.

Edited to ask... When did you order your ammo? Was it part of your original order in March?!?!?!?
Just curious because he said that he would send the ammo along afterwards. If that's the case, thank goodness Midway is only a half hour away.

CX4stormer, thanks that's what I like to hear. Not the long wait, but the long wait was worth it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:44:28 PM EDT
WHOOOO HOOOO

I finally got my Wulf a week ago today. Free floated the barrel the same night with a YHM.

The bad news is, I took it on a trip out on the river and wouldn't ya know it, the boat sank along with my wulf.

Thank goodness I at least got some pics of it before I took it out. I'll post some pics in the beo pic thread shortly.
Top Top