Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:53:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 9:02:16 PM EDT by M11293]
How is the A1 sight different fromt he A2?

Thanks,

M
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:22:28 PM EDT
A1 has no elevation adjustment, and requires a tool to adjust windage.  very simple, rock-solid, and can not lose zero without bending the gun in half!
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:26:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 62nd_Assassin:
A1 has no elevation adjustment, and requires a tool to adjust windage.  very simple, rock-solid, and can not lose zero without bending the gun in half!

+1

The A2 offers some nice options that will seldom get used. A1 is more rugged and capable of the same accuracy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but cant the front sight post be adjusted for elevation?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:29:09 PM EDT
Front sight can be adjusted for elevation. In fact, when zeroing either setup you adjust the front, not the rear. So really the big differences are :

lack of adjusment dial to compensate for range
you need a tool or a new knurled knob to adjust windage
round five hole front sight post, instead of square four hole
two identically sized small apertures instead of one big and one little. Both are meant to compensate for range and both should be replaced with XS same plane units anyway.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:44:02 PM EDT
Would it be beneficial to change my ARMS #40 A2 BUIS aperature with an A1?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:59:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M11293:
Would it be beneficial to change my ARMS #40 A2 BUIS aperature with an A1?

No. A1 apertures suck. XS (formerly Ashley Outdoors or AO sights) same plane is the best, IMHO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:13:42 PM EDT
There is one other difference that hasn't been mentioned, the A2 is a little wider.  It has a little more range of movement for windage.  Many people prefer to use the A2 aperture in the A1 because the larger aperture on the A2 is better, but that results in reduced range of windage adjustment and reduced field of view on either side.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 10:24:58 PM EDT
A1-  rear sight is windage adj with bullet tip and has 2 position flip sight, a short range aperture and a  long range aperture for 600 yds. Elevation zero done with front sight post , changing for short/long range elevation is done by flipping sight between apertures.

A2- Windage 1/2 min and elevation 1.3? min adj rear sight. 2 position flip sight with large short range aperture and small one for long range shooting . Flipping the sight on an A2 should not change elevation zero.

A1= better combat battle sight.

A2= Better for target shooting, ok for battle if used correctly.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:11:19 AM EDT
Top Top