Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:09:27 PM EDT
How good is Beer ammo for the AR.

I was thinking silver bear or golden bear for a cheap plinker since alot of people have issues with wolf ammo in .223.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:17:30 PM EDT
I have heard it is Wolf in a diffrent box....maybe someone can confirm
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:29:03 PM EDT
I have tried 9mm Bear ammo in my Glock17.Worked just fine.My brother uses Bear for his AR and he's never had a problem yet.Good, cheap plinking ammo.Although,he said his upper seems extra dirty inside after firing them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:04:32 PM EDT
I find it to be about the same as wolf.  I have run about 500 rounds of silver bear through my bushie with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:23:40 PM EDT
i ran about 250 rounds last weekend through a newish upper without problems. i did notice a lot of that red sealant stuff on the bolt face. also the silver finish rubs off on the upper. accuracy was a beer can at fifty feet or so.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:49:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By wingo:
i ran about 250 rounds last weekend through a newish upper without problems. i did notice a lot of that red sealant stuff on the bolt face. also the silver finish rubs off on the upper. accuracy was a beer can at fifty feet or so.

A beer can at a little over 15 yards? I could hit that throwing the round
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:52:28 PM EDT
i know it's not much of an accuracy test, but just impromptu plinking in someones back yard. i had just ran out of fish for the barrel.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:48:10 PM EDT
I had bad luck with Silver Bear sticking in my chamber of my Bushy guns. Wolf through those same guns runs flawlessly. I know some people have good luck with SB, but for me it didn't work out. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 2:46:34 AM EDT
I shot about a hundred rounds of nickel case 5.56 thru one of my ar's , no problems, didn't leave any fouling and the shot groups were acceptable
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:58:23 AM EDT
From what I gather from diffeent threads its made in the same factory as Barnaul, I think Wolf is made elsewhere.  Barnaul  has been slightly better than wolf from what I have used, not quite as dirty and a little more accurate.   I have shot worse brass cased stuff for more money.
Top Top