Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 11:18:06 AM EDT
I am checking out some pistol uppers for a build and see the model 1 7" upper is a good price but is it a good choice?  The RRA is much more money but is it that much better?

Thanks,
Ghilly
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a model 1 7.5in barrel
its decent, but if i did it all over again i would go cmmg
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 CMMG

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two Model One Sales 7.5 Uppers and love themhave,they also have some of the best customer service I have ever had have.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The statement that comes to mind is "you get what you pay for." I had to send my 7" upper back twice on my dime. When I finally got it back, it ran perfectly. But is it worth the trouble of getting out to the range, and having a rifle that has multiple FTFs and FTEs?  I loved the price, that's why I bought it. But I had no idea the price would buy me so much trouble. Although with all the trips back to Model 1 Sales, the price is still hella lower.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
My SBR has a Model1 7.5" upper and it has been trouble free.  It runs 100% and so far has about 1,800 rounds through it.  I use it for 3-Gun Tac Matches and with Blackhills 75 gr. ammo it knocks down 10" steel plates at 100 meters first time every time.

Happy camper,
MadDog

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top