Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:00:41 AM EDT
Here is a reposted picture of the family I currently have. Although I recognize I have plenty of "upgrades to go" for each item(Eotechs, FUG, quad rails), I am having WAY FUN building my rifles!! The 1/2 AR has a 20"Bushmaster barrel coming to finish out a KISS A2 rifle. The Colt, well....may keep her bone stock... For the RRA, looking to fit her with all the goodies!

I have about $200/month to dedicate to the cause - My question is, should I purchase another lower and build a SPR or just fix up the ones I have? Ammo is another concern that is being addressed... I just can't stop thinking of the next build......

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv291/crsmoker250_photo/weaponswithtext.jpg
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Ammo.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#2]
This is sounds all too familiar.  I have A RRA with all the goodies, a RRA KISS A2, and am building a SPR, but I also want a bone stock 6920.  I say start building the SPR, at least the lower, and buy the accessories for the RRA later.  Maybe buy an optic for the RRA, like an EOTech.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I say SPR! They are WAY cool and adds more gun.....
ALWAYS add more gun......you can always eat spaghetti to save up for ammo while justifying it by saying " ah, it's only ammo I'm buying"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#4]
It's going to take you a long time to build an SPR on a $200 a month budget. The upper on my SPR was $1200 not including optics. Overall, the gun cost almost $3k by the time it was all said and done.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's going to take you a long time to build an SPR on a $200 a month budget. The upper on my SPR was $1200 not including optics. Overall, the gun cost almost $3k by the time it was all said and done.

What he said. I've got everything together for a Mark 12, Model 1 SPR I'm sending to ADCO this week for Assembly. With the optic it's running about $3700 total.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What he said. I've got everything together for a Mark 12, Model 1 SPR I'm sending to ADCO this week for Assembly. With the optic it's running about $3700 total.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is a Mark 12, Model 1 SPR?  I just started my SPR build, just the lower, and am undecided on what type of upper I want, so I'm just gathering ideas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is a Mark 12, Model 1 SPR?  I just started my SPR build, just the lower, and am undecided on what type of upper I want, so I'm just gathering ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Navy_Mark_12_Mod_X_Special_Purpose_Rifle

Here is a photo of a Navy Seal with a Mark 12, Model 1

And here's a great discussion thread
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=294303&page=1
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#8]
first and second interchangably, complete the DPMS and get more ammo. There is something about an unfinished AR that just calls out and asks to be completed to a working and shooting platform. And then buy more ammo. Something many (but perhaps not all) of us need....<><....:)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top