Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 4/18/2006 10:31:59 AM EST
I know that Bushmaster uses a plastic trigger guard assembly on their rifles. I am wondering if anyone has had any durability issues with theirs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:43:37 AM EST
I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:08:20 AM EST
most of the new ones have the plastic one and yes it is annoying. They do bend if you put pressure ont them -- enough to effect the trigger travel. Just knock out the roll pin and replace w/ a metal one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:50:09 PM EST
i have never had any problems with any of my bushmaster trigger guards and i would think if the force was there to bend it and cause problems with the trigger then it would probably just break and not be a problem.

i have a bushmaster rifle that i refer to as a beater and it has been thrown across the parking lot, thrown over a hill, off the rooftops, at a wall, slid on gravel floor and the trigger guard has never given me any problems.

there are better things i would spend my money on than buying some worthless "mil-spec" metal trigger guard. but since i actually shoot my rifles i guess i wouldnt know, i spend my money on ammo especially if its between some trigger guard or ammo.

ymmv, my .02 do as you please..
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:54:32 PM EST
I haven't broken one yet but I don't use it on the job either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:26:19 PM EST
You should look at getting a MAGPUL unit. If you need a standard aluminum unit IM me your address and I'll send you one.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:14:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By K5:
I know that Bushmaster uses a plastic trigger guard assembly on their rifles. I am wondering if anyone has had any durability issues with theirs.

I've replaced more than a half dozen of the plastic trigger guards that BFI sends on their ARs. This was after breaking just one while out in the boonies. I had strapped my carbine into the rack on the front of an ATV with the weapon oriented top up. The first bump and I noticed the carbine was not sitting as high... Upon inspection, the TG was broken.

Why BFI would use plastic is beyond me. The replacement units I get are Yellow Tavern IIRC & further cost ~$3 through Brownells. I would assume if BFI put in an order for 10s of thousands of them in a year, the cost to the consumer would be absolutely minimal & the benefit well worth it IMO.

By JBTJ: I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.

You sure about that Press up on the TGs with your finger. I'm willing to bet they'll bend. I mistakenly thought they were aluminum until closer inspection. AFAIK, every one I've handled since my first in 1998 has had a plastic TG from the factory.

Sly
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:02:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

Originally Posted By K5:

I've replaced more than a half dozen of the plastic trigger guards that BFI sends on their ARs. This was after breaking just one while out in the boonies. I had strapped my carbine into the rack on the front of an ATV with the weapon oriented top up. The first bump and I noticed the carbine was not sitting as high... Upon inspection, the TG was broken.

Why BFI would use plastic is beyond me.hinking.gif The replacement units I get are Yellow Tavern IIRC & further cost ~$3 through Brownells. I would assume if BFI put in an order for 10s of thousands of them in a year, the cost to the consumer would be absolutely minimal & the benefit well worth it IMO.

By JBTJ: I own 4 Bushmasters and none have a plastic trigger guard. They range in age from about 5 years to 1 year old.

You sure about thathe
Sly

Sly, your are correct. Well I’ll be dipped in tar and feathered. hock.gif Learn something new everyday. All 4 are plastic for sure. But, still never had a problem with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:50:17 PM EST
Last plastic one I had had the government NSN number along the side edge of the guard. I figured it was a mil spec guard since it has the number on it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:59:56 PM EST
Any one go a link to a metal one.?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:21:53 PM EST
I changed my Bushies to the aluminum ones.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:38:58 PM EST
Does anyone have a plastic triggerguard they are willing to part with? I actually like them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:46:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By rxgremlin:
Does anyone have a plastic triggerguard they are willing to part with? I actually like them.

Want to trade for an aluminum trigger guard? Either way, I'll send you a plastic one as soon as I get an aluminum trigger guard to replace it. IM me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:50:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By John44:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=712344

You can get them other places too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:07:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ne1:

Originally Posted By John44:

www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=712344

You can get them other places too.

Hey Ne1 thanks bro!