Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:43:29 PM EDT
www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=388&cat=1687

I have a 14.5 M4bbl that I want to use in a retro build, would this slipover fit and look ok? Does anyone have any experience with it? Im just not sure it will fit on the 14.5 bbl. Im going to put 607 HG's on it too. Thanks

If it doesnt work, I might just go IDF type clone on an A1 upper.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:19:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it will cover the M4 cutout in the BBL.
I have one of those slipover thingys. I can check tomorrow for ya.....
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a Bushmaster 5.5 slipover on a 16" lightweight barrel.  Visualize it another 1.5" back and you got it.  BM makes them for 2 different barrel diameters and the rear section of theirs look more authentic (but without the grenade ring).

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't think it will cover the M4 cutout in the BBL.
I have one of those slipover thingys. I can check tomorrow for ya.....

Thanks for checking....and for the barrel

I have these parts laying around that I need to do something with:

14.5 M4 bbl
20 A1 bbl
607 rear cap
Upper receiver from M16A1
A1 pistol grip
Slip ring

Somewhere in there lays the dedicated upper for my 22kit. Right now I have the 20' on the A1 upper and it shoots really well, but it looks goofy on my lower with the M4 stock. I only have one lower and want a carbine, so I think the M4 bbl will have to be used as a IDF clone for the 22kit. I think it will look fine if I put on the A1 grip, but retro is cooler.....who knows. Ill figure it all out after Xmas.

ETA: Thanks for the pic Russ!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top