Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/15/2012 11:14:19 AM EDT
I'm thinking about putting one on my next 14.5" build.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I shot a 14.5" Spikes Middy Full Auto with the Dynacomp and if i hadn't already had the BC on my 14.5", I would have bought one that day...Definitely a quality comp..

ETA: Short video of the factory 14.5" Spikes test rifle with a Dynacomp I got to demo during a class..We fired over 1000 rounds through the rifle in about 15-20 mins in full auto..

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I love mines. I have it installed correctly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  It's not a jaw dropping recoil eliminator or flash hider, but it's not supposed to be.  I can't compare it to other comps, as my last builds have all had flash hiders, but paired with my Spike's (Syrac Ordnance) adjustable gas and low mass carrier- It's awesome.  Here's a pic on a 14.5 build:

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc416/tct1000/ngun6.jpg

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I love mine.

Granted, I only have one on one AR, so maybe it could be a combination of things making it a soft shooter...........but it sure does shoot soft.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
My Wife seems to really like hers and I will speak from my experience that it does shoot very soft...

I prefer the PWS SM556 brake for a similar shooting feel though.  The PWS does have more side blast and sounds worse to people around you but it does seem to hide flash better.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I own two: a full size and a shorty. They're loud (as all comps are) but they work well for their intended purpose. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I own two: a full size and a shorty. They're loud (as all comps are) but they work well for their intended purpose. Buy with confidence.

......but not as loud as most comps.  I think that needs to be said, for people looking into buying a DynaComp.

Mine's not nearly as loud as the Miculek comp I had long ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Been wanting to try one. Feedback on them has been good. Inalled "correctly" I bet they perform well. From that vid looks like you could roast marshmallows over that baby too. lol!
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Been wanting to try one. Feedback on them has been good. Inalled "correctly" I bet they perform well. From that vid looks like you could roast marshmallows over that baby too. lol!

It solves the problem with hunger at the range.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll say I do think they are a decent comp.  I have a Spikes on a 14.5 upper.  The comments about the flash are real however.  I have run this rifle at a few local night matches and was initially surprised by the amount of flash.  I have a different rifle that is using a Battlecomp that I have also run at night matches and it does not flash me.  But it is on a 16" barrel, so I cannot say 100% if it is the difference of the length, or the comp.

The Spikes does not flash me on every shot,  it is a pretty random thing.  And I'm not trying to knock on them.  I have alot of Spikes gear that I really like.  But maybe something to keep in mind depending on what kind of shooting you plan to do.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll say I do think they are a decent comp.  I have a Spikes on a 14.5 upper.  The comments about the flash are real however.  I have run this rifle at a few local night matches and was initially surprised by the amount of flash.  I have a different rifle that is using a Battlecomp that I have also run at night matches and it does not flash me.  But it is on a 16" barrel, so I cannot say 100% if it is the difference of the length, or the comp.

The Spikes does not flash me on every shot,  it is a pretty random thing.  And I'm not trying to knock on them.  I have alot of Spikes gear that I really like.  But maybe something to keep in mind depending on what kind of shooting you plan to do.

Yep.

FWIW, the DynaComp has never been marketed as a flash hider, nor has Spikes claimed it had any flash hiding attributes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like mine.  It's not a jaw dropping recoil eliminator or flash hider, but it's not supposed to be.  I can't compare it to other comps, as my last builds have all had flash hiders, but paired with my Spike's (Syrac Ordnance) adjustable gas and low mass carrier- It's awesome.  Here's a pic on a 14.5 build:

That's a nice looking stick, what handguards?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you.  It's CMMG's Revolution Handguard.  I like it a lot.  It's very slim and very light weight do to it's modular rail design.   I want the mid-lenght version to cover the gas block, but it's not out yet
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

......but not as loud as most comps.  I think that needs to be said, for people looking into buying a DynaComp.

Mine's not nearly as loud as the Miculek comp I had long ago.

They're the only comps I've ever owned so I don't have much of a frame of reference.

My buddy runs a Surefire comp and it's loud as hell. I can't say for sure if it's louder or quieter than my Dynacomps though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Took mine out to shoot for the first time this weekend; installed on a 16" .308 AR.

Since I didn't have other muzzle breaks there with me to try out on the same rifle, it makes it a bit difficult to make any comparisons.  However, it struck me as being a good compromise between recoil reduction and blast/noise.

It appeared to be very well made and nicely finished, also.

Like someone has already mentioned, large flashes occur seemingly at random.  Ammo related?  Dunno.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 11:28:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't compare mine to other breaks either but it wasn't as loud as I thought it was going to be compared to just having a flash hider. However, the ball of fire that came out of my barrel was a big surprise! And a welcome one at that since this is a day time shooter for me and it looked cool as crap. At least it impressed my 10 year old.

I'll add a question though (not hijack). Is there anything special that needs to be done to keep it clean? Do the holes get clogged up or should I just have to run a bore snake though it?
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I run the short Dynacomp and like it.  It does reduce the recoil some,

Here is video of my shooting my upper on jestertoo's lower at itsaranchrifle's place.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Funny you ask. I just got an upper with one pinned to the barrel. I love it. If you have a standard a2 flash, you'll notice the difference right away.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top